Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale speed tester problems...?

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

BT Wholesale speed tester problems...?

For the last couple of days it appears the BT Wholesale Speed Tester has been behaving oddly - well for me anyway...

I run the first test and all appears ok though occasionally the speeds reported, especially the download speed may be a trifle optimistic, I run it a second time and it usually gives more realistic speeds.  However when I try and run the Further Diagnosis test things go a bit awry as a few seconds after inputting my telephone number I get:-

null

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider

This has been happening for the last couple of days.  I normally use MS Edge but the problem occurs with Explorer as well.

3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: BT Wholesale speed tester problems...?

It's been buggy for many months!!

There's a longish thread somewhere on here.

Mine went wrong like this recently (note % and progress bar - so they test to 120%!!)

foobared btwst.PNG

Now it's the same as you've posted!!

That's BTw for ya! Crazy2

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks for that DS.

I don't remember the progress bar going up in 20% jumps either previously, maybe it did... but the problem with the second test is a new thing...

Ah well, perhaps they'll fix it one day ...Smiley

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

perhaps they'll fix it one day ..

I can see us caravaning on the moon before they ever fix it!! Roll_eyes