cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Speed Test

jjaycee1
Grafter

BT Wholesale Speed Test

Anyone else getting error message when doing the "Further Diagnostics" test on BT speed test.
I am constantly getting the following:
"Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."
It has been like this for me for weeks now. I want to find out my IP profile. I know what it is with PNet but on occasions in the past there has been a mismatch and PNet have had to change mine to match BT's.
12 REPLIES 12
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: BT Wholesale Speed Test

Hi jjaycee1,
I'm not aware of a problem with the speed tester site, but I can confirm that your BT bRAS profile is 2000k.  You are syncing at 3104k so I'd expect the bRAS to increase slightly. I haven't got the history to confirm if this will happen in the coming days though, or if the profile is stuck.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jjaycee1
Grafter

Thanks Tony. I know what PNet have set. I am in a training period and have been told that although my speeds may increase the IP profile will not increase accordingly until notifies by BT. ( true or false??)
My concern at present is the problem with the BT speedtest Further Diagnostics. I remember it used to use Java but I never see the option to run the plug in so maybe it has changed.
I just do not understand why I continually get this error message. Any ideas?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Our profile is set the same at the BT profile currently. Yes though, our side should automatically update not long after the BT profile update.
I've just run a BT speed test here to see if I could replicate your problem but it worked first time. I've tried using the latest build of Firefox. I suspect your problem is related to Java, and it may be worth trying another browser to see if issues continue with that, if you haven't already.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I get the same message, if memory serves me correct it started to happen after that big outage a few weeks back. I use Chrome and I've also tried it on Internet explorer 11 and get the same message.
jjaycee1
Grafter

Yes me too. Just tried with Firefox and same message. Pain in the ....!
No one seems to have an answer and it appears to work for some.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Does the first test OK, then hangs on 'sending results to server' when performing further diagnostics. Can't perform a repeat for another ten minutes, by which time the will to live will have slipped too far away.
TBH I can't remember a time when it wasn't somewhat flaky.  Cheesy
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: plusnettony
I suspect your problem is related to Java

It no longer uses the Java plugin.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Tony it's a long standing issue that raises it's head from time to time. CPx2 can tell you all about it  Wink
Hi Jon, not been breaking your line again  Wink
Edit: spelling
jjaycee1
Grafter

@Anotherone......sent you a PM
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm, thanks for the PM (got it twice!), strikes me you still have a problem with the phone line, especially after having read the posts of the problems you've seen of late.
Replied to PM.
jjaycee1
Grafter

Sent you a PM (twice again !!) I send and then realise I have forgotten to save a copy to outbox !
Anotherone
Champion

Only got it once that time Wink  You can save them by default by changing a setting.
Select PROFILE from the bar across the top of the forum page, then under "Modify Profile" click Personal Message Options.
Tick the box  Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default.