cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Service Information page on new broadband connection

trgower

BT Wholesale Service Information page on new broadband connection

Hi folks,

I am new to PlusNet and have recently been sent a new router. Yesterday I was emailed and text telling me broadband was set up and ready to use. I followed the instructions in the set up guide and opened up a web browser and the only page which comes up is the error BT Wholesale Service page 62.6.38.125/index.html

Could this have anything to do with the Plusnet service issues last night?

5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: BT Wholesale Service Information page on new broadband connection

Most likely to be something not quite finished in the setup at the PN end.  Hopefully someone from the Plusnet help team will be along shortly and pick this up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

trgower

Well, I spoke with a chat agent and they advised me:

Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254 . 2) When you connect, you will see an option listed as 'Broadband Username' followed by an option to the right labeled 'Change' which you will need to click on. 3) You will now be prompted for a 'Router Password' which is listed both on the back of the router and on the card that came with the router. 4) You will now be asked to input your username and password from ourselves, if it does not allow you to change your username and password, please press 'Disconnect' first. Your username is username@plusdsl.net and your account password is the same as what you would use to log into the members centre. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

This works just fine. If anyone else is having this issue when they purchse Plusnet broadband hopefully, this may answer your question.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

So why don't Plusnet pre-configure the routers they issue?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

they do but in this case the auto setup failed for whatever reason

trgower

They should really put this in their trouble shooting/ FAQ instructions as it would save someone having to contact technical support. Oh well all is working fine Smiley