cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale - SERVICE INFORMATION

NRV618
Grafter

BT Wholesale - SERVICE INFORMATION

Don't know if I may be the only one unlucky enough to have been terrorized for the last TWO weeks by BT Wholesale's "SERVICE INFORMATION" page every time I try to access certain pages, worst thing is that when that happens it blocks my internet access for about 10mins.
Could anyone please assist with this annoying issue that is driving up the wall an all the way up the building..!!
Cheers..!
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: BT Wholesale - SERVICE INFORMATION

Change your DNS settings to explicitly use 212.159.6.9 and 212.159.6.10 instead of having them assigned automatically. Also disconnect and then fully power down the router before reconnecting.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And if you'd like a more detailed explanation of why see this thread
NRV618
Grafter

Thank you very much for your advise, it worked wonderfully for me.
Unfortunately I had already had a rant at Customer Services because I had to deal with this issue for almost TWO weeks..!
All sorted now, I will make my way to the Customer Service web site and close all those nasty tickets..  LoL
Thanks again guys..!
prichardson
Grafter

Hi NRV618,
It's not clear other than the ticket you raised this evening if you have spoken to anybody in our customers services directly. Can you confirm if you have or not, as it suggests the message has not gotten through to them of this problem if you have done.
NRV618
Grafter

Hi Phil and Thanks for your reply,
No I had not raised the issue in any shape or form prior to the ticket you are referring to which I initiated yesterday; I waited and waited hoping it was something temporary due to the Network updates until my patience ran out yesterday.
Thankfully the fix I found in the forums yesterday worked wonderfully and the problem is now sorted.
Regards
NRV618