Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

Just tried it at 19:08 and got the infamous "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. A"
This is on FTTP 80/20 and used the postcode and house number option. Been using the circuit service id since January 2014.
Tried again at 19:13  but used  the circuit service id instead and it loaded the profile details and completed sucessfully.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
petecov44
Grafter

I've just tried now - It's not working.
It seems to flash the grey box really quickly before sending to the server. I am going to run it on my MAC in a moment to see if it's my PC which is causing the issue.
Edit.. No it's not my PC or my Mac it's still doing it. It's like flash is broken
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

3rd test at 10:38 and working straight away. It's all appear fine and perfect.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

If there are issues with the TAP3 Test, can I get some screenshots of it not working which include the time/date on your machine please?
@petecov44 - No one is blaming your PC/Mac. PTTR can take up to 14 days to start working effectively on new FTTC connections, that's how long it took mine.
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Chris,
No I know no one is - I was ruling it out my end.
All I get is a flash of a grey box and then "sending results to the server" twice and then I get the usual speeds and error message. So fast I can't capture it.
I got connected 14 days ago so I will try over the next few days for you. One thing I have noticed is that I don't get anything on my graphs now when I download. I used to get all blue and green but now this is what I get
http://f8luresig.mouselike.org/sig.png?/53516.png
::edit:: I managed to capture what it does twice before I get the same error.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@ petecov44
I had the same similiar problem when my fibre went live last February as Chris asked me to wait for 14 days, after 14 days still problem and Chris had fixed the issues and resolved a few days later from Plusnet end. I am sure Chris will look into this for you but can you post back here with BT Wholesale Speed Test that show the error page message with your your date/time screenshot. So, Chris will pass this matter to the supplier team.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

What is going on? BT Speedtest refuse to show me addition page of ip profile (been trying 10th attempt) nothing will show up addition of ip profile.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Updated: after 13th attempt finally the ip profile page show up
Chris, can you ask BT to change the performance tester layout below:
A) Click further diagostics
B) Check IP Profile only
C) Run speedtest only
As it rather annoying to run speedtest then run again to fetch the ip profile from BT system. (13th attempt is bad enough)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'll pass the feedback on, however, my main concern at the moment, is ensuring that it works, especially the TAP3 side of things.
xreyuk
Grafter

I've tried around 15 of these tests, and I've not been able to retrieve profile information yet. I'm on FTTC and have been putting my phone number in.
petecov44
Grafter

That Golden Is the error message I get so no point in me doing another one.
I am moving in 4 weeks to another location and another NGA so I have decided to stop caring about speeds and IP profiles and just enjoy the service. I am sure the NGA at the new address is rammed with more punters than here because it's 3mbps or around 60mbps and there is no cable
So I've cancelled my fault and will be requesting a move in the next few weeks,. I assume as the new address gives me an estimate there is space in the NGA which is a few 100M's away
xreyuk
Grafter

I remember reading somewhere that this speed tester can take up to 14 days after installation to show your profile information, is this correct?
I'm on my 11th day, but still have never been given profile information when using this tester.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

U have to wait until 14th day. If still not working, then u have to raise this with Chris (staff here)
xreyuk
Grafter

No problem, I didn't know if there actually was a 14 day rule or not.
xreyuk
Grafter

Chris,
Still isn't showing up for me, the 14 days have now lapsed.
It's not urgent, but would have been useful when I was struggling with line speeds.