Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

@goldenfibre - Can you try and run the PT with your telephone number please?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

ok I will try it now
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yes, it finally worked now. Many thanks Chris and Plusnet supplier too. Wink
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff Smiley
Glad we've got that sorted out. I'll use this thread still to provide updates on the general TAP Tests that fail from time to time.
I'll also keep everyone updated on the TAP3 Issues.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Chris, please tell whoever sorted this out, a big thumb up and thanks for worked hard. Very pleased now. Hopefully other members will be sorted out too. Wink Just confirmed that both Service Circuit ID and telephone number, both worked now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

They've got a big thumbs up from me - they're a good bunch Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Five stars to them and you too Chris.
AndyH
Grafter

Hi Chris
Thanks for the update.
It seems like something happened to the FTTP address database some time early in January because that is when it stopped working. I know I've had this problem before, but after a few days it seemed to start working again. The useful thing with FTTP is I can put in some neighbour's addresses, to see whether it works for them also.
As for the TAP3, I've found this to be certainly intermittent (this issues for this have been on-going for over 12 months). The instructions for the test are badly worded once you've changed the router login details and logged into the BT Test Account. There is a hyperlink in the instructions to http://test3.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ but if you click on that, the test will not work. You need to click on the Go icon below the instructions, otherwise the test will not run. I'll play around with it later and take a screenshot to show you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Thanks for the information. It seems as though the issue for FTTP is with SAM which is just being overloaded - it can't cope with FTTC and FTTP which is what needs fixing in the first instance. I'll keep you updated on that as and when I get more information though.
TAP3 - As this works intermittently, I need to look and try to find any patterns to this. BT seems to think it could be a software/hardware related issue, so I'm interested to find out what routers people are using and what software they are suing to try and rule this out.
Screenshots are absolutely welcome and will only help with this.
AndyH
Grafter

Hmm - then the obvious question will be why does the Circuit ID work ok all the time, but the postcode/house number does not? However, this is assuming the Circuit ID uses the same SAM system.
TAP3: I know some routers require a password (even if it's a dummy one) when inputting the login details. The instructions just tell you to use speedtest@speetest_domain with no mention of a password.

The wording at the bottom If a new browser window has not opened automatically, Please open a new browser and go to the following URL ; http://test3.speedtester.bt.com is certainly wrong (I think). I have never had a new browser window open automatically and if I go to the URL, the test fails to run.
I'll take some screenshots later to show you what I mean.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, that'll be great.
So, for FTTP, the PT works every time with the Circuit ID?
AndyH
Grafter

Yep, without fail. If ever the PT has not worked with my postcode/house number, I've always used the Circuit ID and I cannot remember it ever not working.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that - really helpful Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Just done my BTw speedtest via FTTC with my phone number just now. All worked ok. Mine is BTO Modem with Netgear DGND3700v2 Fibre Wireless Router.
AndyH
Grafter

@ Chris - This thread from the BT Forums shows their FTTP users also cannot run the PT https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Cornish-Speeds-dropping-in-the-evenings-and...
I will hopefully put something on here about the TAP3 test this evening.