Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

Hi Chris Pettitt
I just get back to you as it now 27th February as you did metioned to me last post. As my BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test with further diagnostics with my phone number never work since FTTC was installed on 13th February. But, I had a second thought, why not try ping test via speedtest.btwholesale.com and it came back with timed out. Not sure if this caused this or at BT's end.
I will awaiting from you later today to get it sorted out. Thanks Chris.
P.S.
Have anyone else had a problem running ping test www.speedtest.btwholesale.com?
159 REPLIES 159
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

The server is probably set not to respond to ICMP pings, that's why it's timing out.
That's RPM to you!!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for flagging with me.
I'll raise a case with our suppliers on this. Can you add further screenshots (which include the time and date displayed in the bottom right hand corner of your screen) so that I can pass this over to our suppliers.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Also, what browser was this on?
thesawdust
Grafter

Quote from: goldenfibre
Have anyone else had a problem running ping test www.speedtest.btwholesale.com?

Only a very poor upload speed & high pings  Shocked
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Here is screenshot of BTw with microsoft internet explorer. Did also try firefox, chrome, as well. All the same results.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks.
On a call with them at 11am.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Has golden tried running the further diagnostics using 'Service ID' instead of the telephone number?  Is that worth a try anyway?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Both won't work. With service ID and telephone number. As Chris provided me last week with circuit Service ID in my ticket. Doesn't work either.
AndyH
Grafter

Is your circuit ID in the format BBEU12345678  ?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yes, as I say above, Chris sent me that BBEU*********** in my ticket last week. These won't work.
AndyH
Grafter

I am just checking as Chris sent me two circuit IDs a while ago. One worked, the other didn't.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Why two circuit ID? I just seen your reply on FTTP that circuit IDs is for FTTP only (not for ADSL or FTTC) as FTTC only for phone number.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, I have an update.
I'll use this thread to keep regular updates on as it's easier for everything to all be in once place.
I've had a chat with the Helpdesk and also with a bunch of developers who work with PT (Performance Tester). I would like to make it absolutely  clear with regards to the PT;
There are no server-side capacity issues with the website itself - there is more than enough room for many, many users to run speed tests simultaneously.
There is an issue with a piece of equipment called SAM. SAM is element manager equipment and gives profile updates and determines faults, this is being overloaded, it affects all 21CN (ADSL, ADSL2+, FTTC and FTTP) products. When this becomes overloaded, you'll be presented with an error message asking you to try again later. Unfortunately this is pretty much the only error message you can receive as the website has difficulties in determining what type of problem you might be having and therefore spits that error message out.
The SAM Issue has been ongoing and hasn't been communicated out as effectively as we'd have liked, however, we are now aware if the issue and I will be getting regular updates on this - to which I can provide updates on this thread. There's no ETA on this at the moment, but as soon as I get more information, I'll update you all.
TAP3 Issue
Not a lot to say on this just yet, other than the fact, I'm going to run an investigation as to what me causing this issue. I'll provide more information as and when I have completed some testing.
goldenfibre
I've brought your case up specifically with the ASG Team (Who deal with such cases). They've found a problem with the Downstream interface (UII) inventory system which didn't return a proper response which is why it's just thrown an error page up.
I've got one of the Developers working on this now, and they are just checking what work needs to be carried out to resolve this issue. I'll update you as and when I get more information on that for you.
Any questions, do shout up, and I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Many thanks Chris. Excellent clearly explained. I will awaiting for your updated once you hear back from the Developers.