cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtester

twentythree
Grafter

BT Speedtester

I am having trouble carrying out a BT speedtest using the BT log in.
(as per the kitz.co.uk guide) I have tried using:
USER: speedtest@speedtest_domain
PASS: testing
with http://217.35.209.142/ & http://217.32.105.42 and even http://www.speedtester.bt.com/
Unfortunately I am getting the same error message - log in with your usual ISP log in and try again. I can carry out a normal BT speedtest using my PN log in but this is only test 1 and there is no option to test again using the BT log in.
Where am I going wrong?
9 REPLIES 9
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: BT Speedtester

Have you tried your plusnet login?
Put in your phone number on the first page hit go, it will go to the second page
in the first box type in your username
the second one your dsl domain usually its plusdsl.net
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a) there is a tick box on the front page, have you ticked that
b) you dont have to put in your domain name, just your user name on page two
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Where am I going wrong?

For the second test , you change the Username/password on your router to the BT one, speedtest@startup_domain ( password doesnt matter ) , Then you repeat the speedtest. By using the BT account you are on the BT domain rather than the PlusNet one and therefore you eliminate the ISP network as being responsible for any slowdown.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

twentythree
Grafter

@MisterW
That is my question - how do I get to the second test? I can carry out a normal speedtest using my PN username but I'm given no option to proceed to the second test using the BT test login.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

AFAIK you only get the second option if your speed is below the acceptable level
twentythree
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim - that is annoying as I am trying to see if my new FTTC connection is working properly. The results appear to be restricted by the PN IP profile which is effectively 50% of the max achievable. I guess there will be no way of knowing until the PN restriction is removed.
LaurenM
Dabbler

Hi can someone please help me with the speedtester also?
I've entered all my details correctly and made sure no other windows or applications are open. The speedtester starts the first test but only completes about 10% and then sticks at that point. I've tried leaving it for about 15mins and it just sticks at that one point. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to leave it for longer?
Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forum
Have you got the latest Java installed?
LaurenM
Dabbler

Hey yeah that was the problem. Thanks!  Smiley