cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtester

mhb
Dabbler

BT Speedtester

For some weeks now I have been unable to get the www.speedtest.btwholesale.com to give me anything other than a download speed. It displays the following notice:
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 4.09 Mbps
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
Everything else, the broadband connection, voice line etc are working perfectly well. Is this a BT fault or a Plusnet system fault? Does anyone have any ideas please?

4 REPLIES 4
Reload006

Re: BT Speedtester

Hi, I'm also getting the same error with the Bt Performance Test as I need to find my current line speed.
On the Plusnet site its 4.3mb but my router has been connected over a day at 9.9mb.
Reload006

A simple reset of the ppp connection sorted my sync to what it should be  :).
The Bt performance test is still not working though when you press the further diagnostics.
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi All,
We are aware of issues with the BT Performance test website and this is being addressed.  We've got another thread ongoing here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135963.0.html
Further updates when available will be posted on that thread, rather than duplicate things here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

locked in favour of linked thread