cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtester

Naiad
Grafter

BT Speedtester

Is the BT speedtester down? I can't get the page to load - it's just showing a black banner across the top with an x placeholder and rest of page is blank. Have tried with Zonealarm disabled but no difference (not that ZA ever stopped it working before).
--
Nai
25 REPLIES 25
paulby
Grafter

Re: BT Speedtester

Have you got Java installed?
If not, get it here and try the speedtester again.
Naiad
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
Have you got Java installed?
If not, get it here and try the speedtester again.

Well I had a previous version and have installed latest from your link, but no difference - still can't load the tester.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Naiad,
Which browser are you using? The BT speedtester tends to dislike anything other than IE.
Naiad
Grafter

Orbrey - yes, I am using IE. Can't see what's amiss if the site is available to everyone else. I have used it before and last time was only a few weeks ago.  Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont really know what has gone wrong with BT Test, it went belly up for everyone about 2 -3 weeks ago, was like that for a few days then people were reporting it working again.
I tried every thing
I.E. , Clearing the Cache, deleting all Jave and reinstall, no luck  Firefox and I.E. still no luck,  tried my Linux baby which used to work, no good.
Two days ago still not working, then yesterday, my XP SP3 laptop worked OK with Firefox.  My Linux Baby - Eeepc4g, with "Fixed" operating, still wont run.
Back over to you Orbrey
Naiad
Grafter

Success...  I have found the problem!
My bookmark was pointing to www.speedtester.bt.com (which I'd always previously used) but when I searched the BT site I found it is now http://speedtester.bt.com/ ; -  i.e. with no www...
Thanks for the suggestions anyway, at least I got my Java updated! Smiley
--
Nai
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Ah the BT speedtester again.  This seems to be an ongoing problem.  I've been away for a few weeks so tried it this morning for the first time since early September and can't get it to work in FF which it has worked in before.  Sad Sad
mal0z
Grafter

I've had continual problems with this - even using IE7 - and never been able to get a result .
But I just tried it - and almost fell off my seat when - on the second attempt it worked, telling me my prile was 7150 kbps and actual throuput was 6682kbps  Smiley Smiley
davidhil
Dabbler

I've tried four different tests this afternoon and have not had any success either
I am using an iMac running OS X 10.3.9 Panther and get the following responses on the browsers detailed below:-
Internet Explorer 5.2  - Java plugin General Exception
Opera 9.5 - Simply fails to work and produces no output.
Safari 1.3.2 (v 312.6) - Apple ticker Applet 2 not initiated
Firefox 2.0.0.17 - Java Number format exception
Any advice will be welcomed.
Regards,
Davidhil
artmo
Aspiring Champion

All I'm getting is a blank page.  What are others getting?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Since it went  belly up the general has been the big black top border with a white oblong, the Java symbol appears for a short while then a red X in the top LH corner of the white box  - gone off to try and find the other thread, some thing to do with coffee pots or tea in the Title  Undecided
thread started 3/10  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,69047.0.html
Naiad
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Since it went  belly up the general has been the big black top border with a white oblong, the Java symbol appears for a short while then a red X in the top LH corner of the white box

Pierre - that's what I was getting today from my old bookmark until I found the new URL. Is everyone using this one now?
http://speedtester.bt.com/ ;
--
nai
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just trying on my Asus Eeepc 4g - Linux and old FF and Java
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6260 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

allehia    Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Stupid, why dont they tell people
thejudge
Rising Star

Because I use Firefox it won't work for me with the urls quoted in this thread.
Have you tried http://217.35.209.142/ instead? That has always worked for me (momentary glitches notwithstanding).