Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtest Problem.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

BT Speedtest Problem.

For the last few days I have tried to do a BT speed test and all I tend to get is this...

Test Error
You have already completed 1 full speed tests within an hour. The Performance Tester will only allow one test to be complete every 60 minutes.

This was the first test attempt today after an 8 hour sleep for myself and my computer. Previous attempts have been spaced at least 2-3hours apart.
Maybe a router reboot is required later today.
Edit: I'm not on ADSL2+ or fibre although my cabinet is fibre enabled.
It may have coincidently started the problem around the time fibre was made available on the line.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
27 REPLIES 27
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: BT Speedtest Problem.

Same problem just a few minutes ago and yesterday, I think the tester is seriously borked as there have been some strange results when it did seem to "work" over the last few days.
I blame it on the folk testing how fast their fibre connections are  Tongue
Strat
Community Veteran

Yep...I've known about the stupid speed results it's been throwing back but at least until recently I've  been able to check my sync rate. Now I can't even do that.
Oh well maybe I should place an order for fibre. Lips_are_sealed
Update: I have rebooted my router and run a successful BT speed test. I did actually run it using only the service ID but will try with just my phone number in an hour or so.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

Well over an hour since my last check so I did another using my phone number and received the same message as above.
I then repeated the test just using my service ID and it worked fine Huh
I'm assuming here that my service ID hasn't changed recently.
Apprentice
Grafter

That's interesting I'll give it a go, but first I'll need to find out what my Service ID number is Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran

Maybe one of the DC team can PM each of us our ID numbers so you can check yours and I can check I have a correct one.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You MAY be able to get your Service ID from http://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=BrasChecker though do read the warning (I've never encountered nay problem but the warning is there so please do read it).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran

I had problems with that site recently, the site stating that BT's systems had changed and therefore the information was unavailable.
Quote from the site...
Down for the moment as BT have changed their systems. Find a way to tell me and I will try and fix it..
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alastair ,
I've replied to your PM.
Jojo Smiley
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks Jojo for the Service ID which I have just used in the BT tester and yes Strat like you I had a result by using the ID (only) unfortunately the speed is poor perhaps due to peak time congestion or the dodgy BT cable lying on the ground in the woods some miles away.
Last week an OR engineer was looking into a voice fault for a nearby neighbour and after several hours had to replace part of the main cable according to the neighbour once he found it down in the woods (very rural location), he thought a good deal of the cable should be replaced but BT OR don't do prevention only cure due to budget restraints Roll_eyes

Strat
Community Veteran

I didn't get a Service ID by PM Cry
Apprentice
Grafter

Just tried the tester again and used only the phone number and it tested all the way through and strangely the throughput was a lot better too Grin
I didn't get .....

I actually sent Jojo a PM to see if she could inform me of the ID by PM ........... so don't feel too bad  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Well it runs now - but the result isn't right!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

... and when you try to run the additional test having changed the login you get:
type Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been committed
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1078)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:232)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks for the service ID PM Jojo Smiley It gave me the best result I've had for quite a while Smiley Undecided