Any one else having problems with the BT Speed Tester at:
http://speedtester.bt.com/ ?
All I can get is result below
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: BT Speed Tester Not Working?

It's working for me as far as the 'checking user' stage.....but I see it's changed with an extra link for FTTP customers. When did that happen Undecided
Admittedly I don't have reason to visit the BT Tester site very often having a perfectly stable maximum speed line.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kdiment
Rising Star

Not working for me either. I've tried twice this morning. Using Firefox I see an error message different from yours. It just tells me the test is not possible and to try again later.
  - Keith
linux
Grafter

Same here, but with Firefox running on Linux. After entering the phone number, hitting "GO", and waiting forever, I get this:
Test Error
The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

Quote from: Strat
It's working for me.....but I see it's changed with an extra link for FTTP customers. When did that happen Undecided

It changed yesterday.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I get a quick red flash about Java not installed, then it carries on, before it says System busy try later
marklockyer

Yes, seemed to stop working for me yesterday when the front web page changde.  Same error, every time I try
"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
ajbrown1965
Grafter

More or less the same with me. Shows my IP profile, then waits for several seconds and says can't complete the test.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Replied to a similar thread about this earlier on today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵