Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speed Test

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

BT Speed Test

I have Firefox 23.0.1 on Windows 7 and run the BT Wholesale performance test.  The initial short test is running fine but when I go in to Further diagnostic via my telephone number, I keep getting TEST ERROR:The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
Is it some thing wrong with my end or is it the test which has an issue?  I am unable to fathom this out.  Any help or comments will be appreciated.
Many regards,
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Speed Test

Hi chandu,
We're not aware of any issues with that. You might want to see if it behaves any differently using Internet Explorer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
You might want to see if it behaves any differently using Internet Explorer.

Thanks Adam.  I have tried with IE10 and it does not even run the short test - giving error 2032.  So, it appears that there may something wrong with the tester.
Chandu.
chandu
Rising Star

@ Adam or Chris Purvey
I have responded to your suggestion of trying to use IE, which did not work at all.  May be you guys are very busy to respond to my query about BT speed test.  I will appreciate some feedback so I can use the tester with detailed diagnostic.
Regards,
Chandu.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

The BT speed test can be a bit hit and miss; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If I was you, I'd leave it a couple of days and then try again. If it still doesn't work, then please post back.
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: wykehamhouse
If I was you, I'd leave it a couple of days and then try again. If it still doesn't work, then please post back.

Thanks for your help.  Originally I had posted this issue on 26/9/13 and have left it for so long and still it does not work.  So, either the diagnostic test is broken or my Firefox is causing the issue.  Having said that I have tried the test using IE10 but it was worst, it gave me an error 2032 on basic speed test leave alone the detailed diagnostic test.  So, it appears that something is not right.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Can you try it on another PC?
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: wykehamhouse
Can you try it on another PC?

Yes, I have already tried it with a desktop with WinXP, again using FF.  Same result.  So, it appears that there is gremlin somewhere - but where?
Chandu.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

How are you connecting? By ethernet or wireless?
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: Susie
By ethernet or wireless?

By wi-fi, as my master socket is by front door.  Until a month ago, it used to work fine.
Chandu
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Working fine for me - wireless on Firefox 24.0 on Vista PC -Tried it twice successfully.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: chandu
By wi-fi, as my master socket is by front door.  Until a month ago, it used to work fine.

Try it again via a wired connection.
chandu
Rising Star

Hi all,
Panic over!!!  I just found out why the FURTHER DIAGNOSTIC part did not work.  I had keyed-in my telephone number incorrectly (2 digits, in the middle, were swapped).  Sorry!!!  Sad 
Thank you all for your help and my sincere apologies.  I must be getting dyslexic in my old age!!!!
Many regards,
Chandu.