Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Profile > PN Profile ???

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Profile > PN Profile ???

Hi, Some of my downloads have seemed a bit slow recently.
I checked my router (Vigor 2600VGi) and it is still syncing at 8128kbps, but I restarted it anyhow as I know that is crucial when experiencing speed problems and it came back at 8128kbps.
I next ran the BT Broadband Checker and got the following results below, but I noticed that on the PN site my profile says 6500 Huh and why is my throughput so low compared to by profile Huh
Thanks,
Dave - G6HNI. (F9 user for 10+ years)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2373 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: BT Profile > PN Profile ???

Hi Dave,
I've changed your profile at our end from 6500Kbps to 7150Kbps to match the BT profiling.
However, I wouldn't expect this to make a massive amount of difference especially given your BT Speedtest result.
Have you tried configuring you MTU and rWin (if not using Vista) settings?  There's a video tutorial showing you how to do that here:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/rwin_video.shtml
I'd try rebooting your router and running a speedtest, then try doing the mtu/rwin stuff afterwards if you haven't seen any improvement.
daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Profile > PN Profile ???

Hi Jamesh,
I must admit I have not, I think I did on my old router, but on the current one.
I will watch the video and adjust my settings accordingly.
Thanks for the swift reply.
Dave.