cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Performance Tester keeps failing

coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: BT Performance Tester keeps failing

Still not working for me.  Could it be something to do with the switch over to ASDL2 which was programmed to take place today?
coastergrotto
Grafter

It worked at long last but I noticed that the BT IP Profile for my line was down to 6500 Kbps from 7000 Kbps whereas my DSL Connection Rate was up to 9120 Kbps downstream from 8096 Kbps.
My Plusnet Profile is still 7000 Kbps.  Is this to do with the switch to ADSL2.    I was hoping to see an increase in my speed.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
When did your sync speed increase? On a 9120 sync you should get an 8000 profile sooner or later.
coastergrotto
Grafter

It must have been this morning.    I was disconnected at 11.28 am this morning for around 5 minutes and I thought that might be the switch over to ADSL2.    Then I read Bob's Service Status posting:
At approximately 11.00am this morning customers connected to two of our central pipes were inadvertently disconnected from the Internet

so I was unsure whether I was disconnected because of that or not.  I hadn't been up for long so hadn't checked which gateway I was connected to.
I would be grateful anyway on an update on my position.  Has my switchover to ADSL2 been completed?  If so when can I expect an increase in speed?
Mand
Grafter

If you're syncing at 9120 then you're on ADSL2+. Smiley
Your profile will update over the next couple of days, but are in the 10 day settling in period again, so speeds may fluctuate.
I'd recommend routing every couple of days (early - mid morning).
coastergrotto
Grafter

Quote from: Mand

I'd recommend routing every couple of days (early - mid morning).

By this do you mean rebooting the computer to change the gateway or a reboot of the router?
coastergrotto
Grafter

Just run the BT Speedtester with the following result:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1794 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8096 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
Why has my profile dropped to 2000 Kbps.  I 'm now on ADSL2+ on Plusnet Premier and my Plusnet Profile still shows as 7000 Kbps.
Will the BT profile rise during the next 10 days, and why has it dropped to 2000 tonight?    Can someone from Plusnet please advise.