Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Performance Test

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: BT Performance Test

Thanks Adam C. I urgent all users to do the same too. Please post screenshot with date and time, like I did. Because it will help Adam C and BT to pick it up. Without this will be more difficulties for them to pick it up.
AndyH
Grafter

@ goldenfibre - Don't expect daily updates. I have been pushing this for close to 8 months now - Plusnet have to wait for BTW.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

8 months is a long time waiting for BTW to get back! Disgraceful BT!
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

AndyH
Grafter

I don't think that's much use to be honest.
They know what the issues are - it's just a question of when they will be fixed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

First time I tried it today it failed, second time it worked.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I tried it today five times. No good!

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 74.41 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 17.74 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

any updates yet adam c?
AndyH
Grafter

Seriously?
I've been waiting 8 months for this...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I report to BT Wholesale last Friday and they email me back saying they cannot discuss it with me, must speak to service provider as they are the only isp can speak directly to BTw.
That's unfair! BTw are useless!

As for 8 months waiting is very bad! Sound like BTw doesn't seem care!
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning all,
Just to let you know that I'm still on with this, given the recent workload it has taken a bit of a back seat but rest assured, I'll be sending over all the details to BTW as soon as I have collated it all. I'm hoping to find some time to get this done before the end of the week but it's possible it could fall into early next week.
As soon as I have some information back on this I'll be sure to share it here but as AndyH points out, it could take some time before we see BTW start to implement fixes Wink
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just give them a good kicking first Grin and send the details later. I bet they know exactly what's wrong  Crazy
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yep but knowing BTw. They won't rush into this. I think Plusnet should add BT IP Profile time and stamp last change updated via member site so we don't have to use on BT Performance Test to throw up error on further diagnostic.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think BTw PT does work very well with ADSL & ADSL2+ because it only do one PCP cabinet & exchange. But 50/50 on FTTC with two cabinets. I think it could be data throw up between two cabinets from exchange back to end users. Eg User -> Fibre Cab -> PCP Cab -> Exchange -> throw up back to end user
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

No, not true, it was coming back to me with all the different failed responses that various people have posted at different times a short while back, but is now/was working for me.
And by the way on ADSL, my last check was also done using an out of date Java and Flash, so that can be put to bed.