Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Performance Test

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: BT Performance Test

But question is why are the BT Performance Test kept thrown up as Chris P had fixed it last February and since last Thursday, suddenly it went back to the same problem as last February. Why is so difficulties & harder for BT Wholesale to get it resolved? Why arent BT learn the lesson?
AndyH
Grafter

Hi Adam
There's a fairly lengthy thread here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124245.144.html
The main two issues appear to be:
1) The SAM - which was sometimes being overloaded, meaning it wasn't giving out the BRAS profiles. Not sure if this specific problem had been fixed.
2) The TAP3 issues - basically it hasn't worked for me and other since Jan this year.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Just try it just now and still won't work (no BRAS profile is given)
Using internet explorer 11
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Also Tab 3 doesn't work when the speed dropped of minimum 40Mbps or below
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: AndyH
Hi Adam
There's a fairly lengthy thread here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124245.144.html
The main two issues appear to be:
1) The SAM - which was sometimes being overloaded, meaning it wasn't giving out the BRAS profiles. Not sure if this specific problem had been fixed.
2) The TAP3 issues - basically it hasn't worked for me and other since Jan this year.

Thanks AndyH,
I bring myself up to speed on that thread over the course of the week and then with any additional examples I get from this thread I should have a fair amount of info to pass over.
@goldenfibre - Thanks for providing the details, I'll add them to the list!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Worked for me just now Adam, 20CN exchange, after Diagnostics wasn't working when I posted on Friday
petecov44
Grafter

works flawlessly for me since I moved here, shame I will be leaving when you get my letter and have had 14 days notice. Maybe they can transfer the working bit to you golden  Grin
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Any updated yet Adam Cassim?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Do you really expect BTw to respond that quickly goldenfibre  Roll_eyes
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Borked!
"Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."
GeordieMark
Grafter

Ran earlier today no issues, strange
deathtrap
Grafter

The BTW PT correctly displaying the IP profile has been borked several times in the past 12mths or so, What i'm keen to know is this just happening to Plusnet customers  or does it affect all BTW customers ? Just that i haven't found any other group of customers talking about it not working for them , and it's borked  for me at this point in time
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yes I agree, I think and believed BTW PT correctly displaying the IP profile will never work on 50/50 on plusnet customers. All other ISPs had no problem on this BTW PT. Only Plusnet.
Updated: still refuse displaying the IP profile for a week now! Getting fed up with it. I am seriously consider moving away from Plusnet when my contract had ended. The reason I choose Plusnet because of cheaper bargain price where other ISP's are well expensive.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

After a week ongoing. BTW PT still refuse Bras Profile
I expecting Adam C giving any updated on this today?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Afternoon all,
Just thought I would duck my head in here to assure you that I haven't forgotten about getting this kicked back off however it may take me a little time before we start seeing some traction behind it as I have to pick up where Chris P left off and those are some big boots to fill!
This aside, I'm glad to see we have a fair few reports in on what is and isn't working, the more of this evidence I have, the more ammunition I will have to push this forward. Next week I plan on harvesting the screen shots from this thread, putting each one together with the circuit ID from which the test was run and then compiling them all into a single deliverable piece of information to pass over.
In the meantime, please feel free to add more screenshots along with the time/date the test was run and I should be able to match all of this up!

@goldenfibre - You beat me to the post  Cheesy  On a side note though, I appreciate that this issue as well as the data it lacks to provide is dear to all of you however this is something I'm taking on above and beyond our normal remit (as did Chris Pettitt) so while I'm dedicated to get some answers and apply some fixes, the standard support of the community and social media will have to come first.