cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT-OR Engineer speeds

Paulschof

BT-OR Engineer speeds

Hi
I'm a new unlimited fibre customer and have been connected this weekend.
I'm happy with my new speeds, Plusnet estimated 40mbps, speed tests show around 37mbps. Certainly an improvement over my 1mbps ADSL connection.
When the BT-OR engineer installed the faceplate etc he connected his handheld machine and ran a line test on it. It gave a speed of 72mbps.
Is there any reason why these two speeds would differ so much?
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: BT-OR Engineer speeds

Welcome to the forums.
There's a known problem at the moment where some people are being provisioned on 40/10 instead of 80/20. Sounds like you're one of them. I'm sure one of the Digital Care team will be along shortly and correct it. Usually takes about 24 hours for the modfiy order to take effect.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Paulschof

MisterW - Thank you for the welcome and additional information.
I'll await a response from the Digital Care team, to see if I have this issue. Either way I'm getting the speeds I expected so anything else is a plus.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Paulschof,
Your profile had not been updated on our systems, I've changed that for you so you'll see the increase in speeds in the next 10-15 minutes.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Paulschof,
See, I said they'd be along shortly to sort it, I think they've just been a bit busy today.
Looks like it wasn't quite what I thought.
Thanks Chris Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Paulschof

Chris - Thanks for your assistance Smiley , just clocked 72.52mbps on a speed test, much faster then I expected.
MisterW - Your were right that they would be along to sort it out for me, thanks.