Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT IP Profile

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BT IP Profile

Can everyones please get a vote here, of annoying BT IP Profile as some of us had to wait for anything between 72 hours and 120 hours before the IP Profile will be changed to get the higher speed back again. So, the more votes favour will ask Plusnet to have a chat with BTWholesale to see if they willing to change the BT IP Profile to one hour instead will benefits to many of us if BTW agreed.
1)No,  Stay as where they are 72 hours to 120 hours
2)Yes, Change to one hour
My vote is Yes!
12 REPLIES 12
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: BT IP Profile

Do you remember the days of [color=red]Blip Logic, which is no longer in use (certainly isn't on my connection Tongue ) ?[/color]
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

the 21CN network uses a faster system and there was a trial of a different system recently. Fibre connections also use a different and faster system but drop-outs are less likely anyway so it does not come in to play very often.
So things are changing, whether it will actually be any better we will have to see.
I much prefer the old LLU system... the rate you sync at is you data rate - NO PROFILES*
* actually there were but they just fixed the min SNR and never changed.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yeah, the old LLU system is much better than BT system. Why can't BT use fixed sync rate like the old 512K, 1024K and 2048K and BT could get fixed sync rate for ADSL 8192K and ADSL2+ 24576K plus FTTC at 40960K better than profiling system
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you fixed the sync for ADSL1 at 8192 and ADSL2+ 24576K three-quarters of users would have a very negative SNR and hence a totally unusable connection. The point of the variable sync rate is that it will sync as fast as it can without dropping below the target noise margin - that is negotiated between the router and the exchange when the connection is made.
Some of your postings just demonstrate how poorly you understand how ADSL works - please go away and do some research before making more ridiculous suggestions.
Suggested sites to read:
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htm
http://www.robertos.me.uk/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

It's worth considering that when BT first offered a residential 2048Kbps service (I think this was 2005), there was a sudden massive increase in fault volumes for ISPs as a large number of people who moved to the 2Mbps service had lines that couldn't support it because it wasn't rate adaptive.
I remember having to queue on the phone to BT for over an hour at a time.
JamesM
Grafter

as a large number of people who moved to the 2Mbps service had lines that couldn't support it

Sounds like 21CN  Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: goldenadsl
Can everyones please get a vote here, of annoying BT IP Profile as some of us had to wait for anything between 72 hours and 120 hours before the IP Profile will be changed

Am I missing something here? Isn't this what bRAS quantisation will eliminate in just a few week's time?
Jojo Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

jojo, it only for those who are on ADSL / ADSL2 (but not for those who are on ADSL2+) I can't wait for bRAS quantisation come into force (7 more working days to go left)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

bRAS Quantisation is for all on 21CN (which is ADSL1, ADSL2 & ADSL2+), just not for those on 20CN.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do feel sorry for those who still stuck with 20CN. BT should really do both 20CN & 21CN as it fair play for everyones! Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

whay dont you do as Jelv said and go and read up about the internet instead of spouting ill informed hot air
Some of your postings just demonstrate how poorly you understand how ADSL works - please go away and do some research before making more ridiculous suggestions.
Suggested sites to read:
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htm
http://www.robertos.me.uk/

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Joanne
Am I missing something here?

Nope!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)