cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home or Business Hub Compatability

peteclarkez

BT Home or Business Hub Compatability

Has anyone had any success in using a BT Home hub or BT business Hub to connect to their plusnet ADSL?
I see that they are crippled but you can download updated firmware for them, and they are running at bargain prices on ebay. Would be worth the hassle if I knew it was going to work.
Thanks
Pete
4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: BT Home or Business Hub Compatability

I don't think they allow you to enter a username and password in the home hubs which is required on PlusNet.  I think that was one of the "issues" stopping PlusNet from offering the Home Hub a while ago.  Maybe the updated firmware over comes this though?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi,
BT restrict use on the Hub to only allow you to connect to the BT network.
As Peter mentions, we are expecting a firmware update to allow ourselves to sell the Hub at the turn of the year.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have a BT Business Hub ( aka 2700HGV) connected to my PlusNet ADSL. Take a look here http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t22658.html.
it describes how to persuade them away from BT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pcoventry76
Grafter

i'll takea home hub when they come out please.
i've always liked the way they work, especially if you get fusion and vision in the deal
The launch of visiob also turns BT into the ADSL version of a quad provider - and about time too!