cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 2.0

robgray

BT Home Hub 2.0

I've been given a BT Home Hub 2.0 with an excellent recommendation, but a query on whether it is suitable for use on Plusnet.
The description on the packaging says it is for BT Total Broadband.
Anyone know whether it will work on Plusnet ?
Regards,
Robert.
13 REPLIES 13
robbo1948

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0

loadsa posts on here about it mate, i asked the same question and have tried it ..... it doesn't work
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

But others have said it does... http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,72671.0.html (read the whole thread!)
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

My V1 works on PN just by entering the user id @ plus.net in the username field. No hacking reqd.
robgray

Looks as though it will work then !
Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Robert.
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Great, I find this thread days after buying a new wireless N router from PC world, while my BT HomeHub v2 sits on my shelf gathering dust! lol!
torbayguy
Grafter

I just saw this post, and dug out a homehub thats been sat in the cupboard, its the new(ish) black one, I plugged it in, changed the password, done and working perfectly!
Wireless range is massive improved!
robbo1948

whoops, sorry guys.... I am now printing off the old thread so I can try my old homehub!  Lips_are_sealed
zMastaa
Dabbler

Okay so i dont know if its my new plus.net connection or because im trying to connect with the new home hub "type B"? i put my username in the bt home hub and it just simply fails to connect
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Quote from: zMastaa
Okay so i dont know if its my new plus.net connection or because im trying to connect with the new home hub "type B"? i put my username in the bt home hub and it just simply fails to connect

fwiw, I had no trouble when using a Type A hub with 8.1.F.4 firmware when I last used a Home Hub.

Regardless of whether or not it connected, did your Home Hub save your username and password ?
The username you enter must be of the format   username@plusdsl.net  

Try this procedure: disconnect the ADSL cable, then I recommend factory resetting the hub back to default settings using a pin.  Next set up the new admin password.  Now use the "Enter your broadband username and password (for non-BT Total Broadband customers" menu option to input your plusnet username and password.  If the hub successfully saves your PN details, it should subsequently connect when you re-attach the ADSL cable or reboot the hub.
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
win2003
Grafter

Does the Home Hub support Annex M? I couldn't find a detailed specification... Thanks.
zMastaa
Dabbler

Quote from: zzZzz
Quote from: zMastaa

fwiw, I had no trouble when using a Type A hub with 8.1.F.4 firmware when I last used a Home Hub.

Regardless of whether or not it connected, did your Home Hub save your username and password ?
The username you enter must be of the format   username@plusdsl.net  

This page may be useful:
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGVplusnethomehub.htm

Yes the username and password saved
Edit: okay so I have now tried with type a home hub and I get the same cannot connect problem im beginning to feel this is something on PN side
rummy

Just in reply to previous post about Home Hub 2.0 Type B not working.
I've just got one off ebay, connected over Wireless, cranked in my userid@plusdls.net/password in and it looked like it failed to connect - it kept going back to the enter details screen. As I was playing around looking for something I might be able to tweak and I spotted that it had been connected for a few seconds (and counting).
It's now been connected for over 12 hours with no problems.
Don't know what the difference is between me and the previous poster, but at least one home hub 2.0 type B works with PN.
It has the latest firmware according to the BT page. No Fon, No voip, and only a 130Mbs wifi, but it does do internet and serve files off my usb memory stick (only at 1.3 MByes though)
Sync speed is 0.5Mbs lower than my old Voyager 2100 at 3500(ish), but still higher than the estimated speed of 2000.
mjservicing

HomeHub v2.0 Type A working fine here. Firmware is 8.1.H(J).
Have found this very stable, and gives me a better upstream sync than other routers.
Only downside is that I can't use my preferred DNS service (OpenDNS), as there is nowhere to enter the details.
MJ