interleaving on
no banded
ta
Spock
zone8
Grafter

Re: BT DLM Testing - Volunteers Please

Quote from: dave

It's ADSL2+ only on the trial. I'm going to ask about ADSL1 on 21CN but I suspect that won't be included. IPStream Max on 20CN isn't part of the trial.

Hello dave, whats the plan with regards to putting 8mbit max customers on ADSL2+ inorder to try and get customers speeds higher so we can get closer to the full 8mbit ? Alot of people are around 4mbit due to lines being to long or errors on the line. In most case's ADSL2+ will give 1 or 2mbit more speed.. and if what your saying is soon your beable to set a profile speed for anyone on ADSL2+, then everyone will beable to go on ADSL2+ and people which only pay for 8mbit you can set there connections togo no higher ?Huh
Just interested as I have been told I could move onto ADSL2+ with my current package to get me closer to 8mbit speeds but heard nothing more back about it.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: dave
The initial trial will have the profiles changed manually, hence the limit on the users, number of changes etc. If it's successful then we'll get an automated way of changing the profiles.

Would the ultimate automated way of changing profiles be under direct user control - no ticket tennis required?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

carrot63
Grafter

This sounds a lot better than leaving it to the whims of BT - count me in
SNR 6
Interleave ON
Banding 3328Kbps - 6656Kbps
Toenex
Grafter

Hi,
If this can help get me off a banded profile count me in.
Interleaving on
Downstream target SNR 9dB
Upstream target SNR 6dB
banding off
Cheers,
-tony
stallan
Grafter

Yep - I'm happy to join the trial
SNR = 6db
No banding please
account = stallan
Cheers,
John
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: zone8

Hello dave, whats the plan with regards to putting 8mbit max customers on ADSL2+ inorder to try and get customers speeds higher so we can get closer to the full 8mbit ? Alot of people are around 4mbit due to lines being to long or errors on the line. In most case's ADSL2+ will give 1 or 2mbit more speed.. and if what your saying is soon your beable to set a profile speed for anyone on ADSL2+, then everyone will beable to go on ADSL2+ and people which only pay for 8mbit you can set there connections togo no higher ?Huh

We're currently moving customers on Max on to 21CN on ADSL1 in bulk, we did a small number in November, a big batch in December and have a bigger batch due next month. The problem we've got is we don't really know what type of routers and modems most of our customers are using. We know what we've supplied to people, but that's only part of the customer base and there are no guarantees people are still using that same piece of kit. So moving people over to ADSL2+ in bulk is kind of a scary prospect because we could be moving a big chunk of customers across whose kit won't work with ADSL2+. Some will be fine as it will work on ADSL1 on 21CN even if the line is ADSL2+ enabled but some won't.
I think therefore it's likely we'll continue with bulk moves to ADSL1 rather than ADSL2+ on 21CN and only put people on ADSL2+ if they choose to upgrade to a product which offers ADSL2+ such as Pro or Premium. We have a check in the upgrade journey to see if you've had an ADSL2+ router from us and if you haven't it will let you know and let you get one from us if you want one.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I think therefore it's likely we'll continue with bulk moves to ADSL1 rather than ADSL2+ on 21CN and only put people on ADSL2+ if they choose to upgrade to a product which offers ADSL2+ such as Pro or Premium. We have a check in the upgrade journey to see if you've had an ADSL2+ router from us and if you haven't it will let you know and let you get one from us if you want one.

Dave, I'm not currently on Pro or Premium but if you wanted to move me to ADSL2+ for the trial, no problem, I have a 2700HGV which is certainly ADSL2+ capable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

R_
Grafter

OK add me on the trial
Interleaving Off
NM up and down 12dB
Banding Off
Thanks
Bojangles
Grafter

As long as there will be someone I can call up then you can count me in:
6 dB SNR
Interleaving off
No banding.
Thank you.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

OK... I'll bite Smiley
Provided I can withdraw, if necessary
3 dB Noise Margin Down, 6dB Up
Interleaving on.
No banding.
Occasional line drops quite acceptable.
Thank you.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

whisky
Grafter

Count me in please...
9 dB Noise Margin Down, 6dB Up
Interleaving off.
No banding
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Me too.
3 dB downstream
6 dB upstream
Interleaving off (think it's off but nothing on control panel to switch it on or off)
No banding (don't think I've had that either)
Will save me having to telnet the router to get back to a 3dB noise margin if I have to reboot for any reason. Router will hold connection at lower noise margin than that but probably not a good idea!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Hi, I'd like to be considered for the trial.
SNR 6db Down; Up doesn't matter, mine usually seems to be about 20db
Interleaving ON, as it is at the moment.
Banding - no idea whether I'm on banding or not, so would say OFF
My ADSL2+ connection has run at 5000, but not for long; it is more usually around 3500 - 4000. Would it be possible to try and set it to the 5000 figure? All checks and tests I've done suggest iut should be capable of that speed.
Bigtime

put me down for the trial please
barryking