Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT DLM Testing - Volunteers Please

zone8
Grafter

Re: BT DLM Testing - Volunteers Please

Hello,
Im wondering is this test only for ADSL2+ or standard ADSL Max ? a SNR of 3db sounds very interesting ^^ if I get another speed increase Smiley
dannykos
Grafter

yep - count me in:
SNR = 6db
Interleave off
No banding please
ta.
paulby
Grafter

Happy to help also.
SNR =3dB
Interleave on
No banded profile

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If the profile selected is inappropriate then we can request a different one (we're allowed to change each line a maximum of once per day with the change taking effect within a few hours) or we can put it back where it was and back that line out of the trial.

Dave, Thinking about this, would you want people to try and pick a profile and stick with it during the trial, or would you actually want a little experimentation so that the process for adjusting profiles is tested. One presumes that if BT are eventually going to roll this option out they ( and you the ISP's ) are going to want a proven automated procedure for adjusting profiles.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

@ misterW
am going to be trying a least a couple of setups involving no banded profile and am going to try a spespfic banded profile to, so that i can see if using a sync range limit of my choice that is hard set is a better way than using NM's on this 50db atten line.
so that will involve at least 3 changes from my self over the coarse of the trial, i think with the end user having full control of the banded profiles there going to turn from there nightmare roll that they currently are now in to a very usefull tool to those who dare use them over hard setting the NM
cheers for that link misterW, gives alittle insight to what BTw was thinking over the DLM changes
scubarew
Grafter

I'd like to give this a go too please:
SNR = 6db
Interleave off
No banding please
thanks
grahamt
Rising Star

Having just got a more stable and faster connection, I must be a glutton for punishment, but I'd be willing to join this trial. Everyone else seems to be using it to get themselves off the banded profile they're on, so I'd like to try something different (at least at first):
Interleaving - don't really mind. Could be turned on. For some reason I don't have an 'Interleaving' icon on my 'Connection Settings' control panel. Does that matter? According to DMT it looks like I'm on fastpath at the moment - no idea why.
Banded profile: 4864-9728 band.
Target SNR: is this relevant if I'm banded? If it is, then let's try 9. No point in going too low, given the way it drops at night.
Since having had my bell wire disconnected I've been moving up the bands (From 1472-3072 to 2272-4544 to 3328-6656 which is where I am now.) Given that I've always synced just below the top of the band and that my SNR is currently between 12 (daytime) and 6 (lowest nighttime value) I reckon the line could go a bit faster., and 4864-9728 is the next band up, according to jamesh's list. With an attenuation of 38 I don't think the line could sync at the top of that band, but I'd like to see where it ends up, and I'd like to ensure I don't sync below 4800.
Moving to this band might be what would happen anyway after a while, but it would be good to make sure I'd stay within a higher band for a bit, although I don't know if this means that the profile would stay high.
Graham
Bojangles
Grafter

How would we go about making changes to our settings incase things go badly? Ticket, phone call, PM?
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

i would like to be included....  Line appears to have stabalised now, and 4944 with a target of 15dB.
Can I try
Interleave ON
Target SNR 12dB  (Upstream 9dB)
banding OFF
Thanks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: zone8

Im wondering is this test only for ADSL2+ or standard ADSL Max ? a SNR of 3db sounds very interesting ^^ if I get another speed increase Smiley

It's ADSL2+ only on the trial. I'm going to ask about ADSL1 on 21CN but I suspect that won't be included. IPStream Max on 20CN isn't part of the trial.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: MisterW
Dave, Thinking about this, would you want people to try and pick a profile and stick with it during the trial, or would you actually want a little experimentation so that the process for adjusting profiles is tested. One presumes that if BT are eventually going to roll this option out they ( and you the ISP's ) are going to want a proven automated procedure for adjusting profiles.

Yep, that's part of the plan ideally. With each line we get on the trial we'll get some extra line monitoring data so we can see how stable/unstable each line is. Whilst I'm still thinking exactly how we want to run the trial, I'm still in the recruiting people phase, what would make sense would be to pick some people and set the line to a specific profile and leave it and some adjust the line profiles to see the difference they make and compare the results.
The initial trial will have the profiles changed manually, hence the limit on the users, number of changes etc. If it's successful then we'll get an automated way of changing the profiles.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Blackcurrant
Dabbler

Hi could i try
Interleave off
SNRM 6db
banding OFF
thanks
Angus

would it be able to do ADSL2+ annex M
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Bojangles
How would we go about making changes to our settings incase things go badly? Ticket, phone call, PM?

Good question, what I'm thinking of doing is putting a wizard path in to trials.plus.net to drop the tickets somewhere specific, I'm hopeful that we'll have the faults team and myself looking after this but I've not yet checked on resource availability.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

me thinks we need a phone in option thats of use, ie get through to some one that knows about the trail, as if some ones line goes complete pete tong how can they raise a ticket
bluewhale
Rising Star

yep sounds good to me.
Interleave off
SNRM 6db
banding OFF
cheers
pete