cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Buisness Hub as Modem & Technicolor TG582n as Wireless bridge?

netstudio

BT Buisness Hub as Modem & Technicolor TG582n as Wireless bridge?

Hi I have been having a load of problems since January this year with DSL Sync using the Technicolor TG582n. These problems have now gone on the install off an old BT Buisness Hub 2700HGV  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I have just bought myself  a Slingshot HDS600HD Freesat box and want to turn my old Technicolor TG582n into a Wireless bridge and use the USB port as well (as I have been for some time) for my FAT32 harddrive for my LG smart TV
So... Parts I have are:
BT Buisness Hub 2700HGV as ADSL modem and Wifi
Technicolor TG582n (I want to use as a Wifi bridge and for HD)
Slingshot HD600HD
Is this possible?
and how do I mod my Technicolor TG582n?
I can use Telnet but what cmds?
Any help please
3 REPLIES 3
prichardson
Grafter

Re: BT Buisness Hub as Modem & Technicolor TG582n as Wireless bridge?

Hi,
There are two simple steps you can use for this on the TG582n.
First is to disable DHCP, second is to change the IP of the router itself. This means the TG582 whilst still is a router, is not performing such functions, but is performing all others.
If the IP 192.168.1.254 is unique in your network (i.e no other devices use this), then perform steps 1 through 5 inclusive only. If this IP needs to be changed, complete the remaining items.
1: In the web-configuration pages, select "Home network" from the left
2: In the sub-menu that opens, select "Interfaces" from the left
3: Select "Local Network" at the top of the tree in the middle
4: Select the Configure link in the top right
5: Un-check the "Use DHCP" in the center and then apply this
6: You need to select the Configure link again per step 4
7: In the "IP Address" section, select the edit link to the right of the row for "192.168.1.254". There is no need to edit any other and may result in access problems
8: Edit any box with an occurance of 192.168.1.254 to be the IP you wish to define to your router and apply.
Because of the uPnP and the need for DLNA, I would recommend leaving the router for 10 minutes following these changes and reboot the Technicolor router.
netstudio

Wow that was a quick reply... Thanks...
I will give it a go and  here's crossing my fingers
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

...and when you've got it all working, don't forget to save the configuration out to a file. Then if you ever need to factory reset it , you can just load your config back in again Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.