cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRAS Profile Stuck?

MrPuddington

BRAS Profile Stuck?

Looking at the forums it seems that this single issue causes at least half of the BT support work...
Anyway, I had to move the router Sunday during the day, and I think the connection was not very good (the dial tone sounded a bit fuzzy there).  I moved it back in the evening.  Come Monday morning, the internet is slow as molasses.  And it has been ever since.  I raised a support request, but so far nothing has happened, apart from a line test.  Still slow as molasses.
The download speed is consistently 70kbytes/s, when it used to be about 220kbytes/s.  So I checked the available documentation (which is very very very inconsistent), and it seems that the BRAS profile is stuck at 0.75 mb/s, when it should be 2 mb/s.  Sync speed is ca 2500 kbit/s, and has been since Sunday evening, to the best of my knowledge.  I did switch the router off a few times on Monday and maybe Tuesday, and the reconnect speed is stable.
So, is there anything I can do?  Does it help to switch the router on and off, or is that bad?  (As I said, the documentation is completely and utterly inconsistent, especially in this point.)  Is there anything else I can do?
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BRAS Profile Stuck?

HI MrPuddington,
I've just performed so diagnostics and maintenance which I think may have resolved it. This should take effect in the next fifteen minutes or so.
Jojo Smiley
MrPuddington

Thanks, that worked!  The modem reconnected, and the speed is back to normal.  Next time I will come straight here instead of going through the "have you tried switching it off and on again?" support channel...
jim:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear Smiley