cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOT - FTTC Logged faults

mikemph

BOT - FTTC Logged faults

Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes to clear BOT - FTTC logged faults?
My download speeds have dropped from around 73mbps to 36mbps. I reported the fault on 9.2.14. and it was passed to the BOT - FTTC logged faults - Interim pool on 12.2.14. The initial reply suggested I wait 24/72 hours for further news. We are now into the eight day since this issue was raised and there appears to be no resolution to the problem in the pipeline.
If speeds fall much more I might as well go back to normal broadband.
Mike
14 REPLIES 14
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BOT - FTTC Logged faults

Hi mikemph,
Sorry about the issues you're encountering with regards to the speeds. I have had a look into your account and ticket 81046087 is currently with our faults team. I'll ensure this is replied to by the end of the day today. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please monitor the ticket for further information.
mikemph

Hi
Well that didn't work!
Despite me being here all morning the BT engineer failed to show.
What now?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry for this. Having a look into this now. It may require me to contact our suppliers. I'll reply to ticket 81046087 on your account as soon as I have an update.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've popped an update on ticket 81046087 for you. Our faults team will be back in touch as soon as they've got an update.
mikemph

Hi Linn
Hopefully you are still keeping an eye on this forum.
I appreciate that you have tried to help me in this matter but we appear to have reached a stalemate.
It is now 11 days since I logged this fault and we are no further forward as regards a resolution. I have been extremely patient to date but there comes a time when enough is enough. I am paying for a line speed estimated at 77mbps and for 4 months I had no problem, with speeds of around 73mbps. I am now getting only half of that speed but am still expected to pay the normal monthly fee. I wonder what would happen if I only paid 50% of the monthly charge?
I cannot complain to BTW as I am not their customer but Plusnet are and I feel that pressure should be put upon them to resolve this fault to the satisfaction of all parties. There is no suggestion on my ticket that an engineer has even been assigned to look at this fault following my last intervention. I suspect that the problem is not going to be solved by a quick in and out visit and therefore nobody wants to tackle the fault. 
Plusnet aim to cleared faults in 8 days but I am now in my 11th day with no end in sight. Can my ticket be escalated as a matter of urgency. 

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mikemph,
I'm really sorry this matter has not been resolved for you yet.
I have just had a look into this for you and it seems that earlier this morning the fault progressed so this means that we should be in a position later this afternoon to book an engineer for you. I will keep an eye on this for you and ensure that the ticket is replied to by the end of the day today. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
mikemph

Thanks Linn
I do appreciate your help.
I have to visit my wife in hospital this afternoon but will keep my mobile switched on.
I have no plans for tomorrow so if an engineer is available then you can book him for morning or afternoon.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mikemph,
I have popped an update for you on the ticket and sent you a text message. I did try and call but couldn't get through. I am aware you may have been in hospital at the time as you mentioned previously. If you have any other questions just let me know and I'll be happy to help.
mikemph

Thanks Linn
I was driving back from the hospital when you rang.
The appointment for tomorrow is fine & hopefully the engineer will be able to cure the fault.
Many thanks.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fingers crossed everything goes well with the engineers visit tomorrow for you Smiley
mikemph

Hi Linn
I may catch you before you go home.
BT engineer was here for 90 minutes. He has changed the port in the cabinet and states that the line is now syncing at 80mbps but a speed test shows only 39.06mbps. He suggests that the speed has been capped by PlusNet. I will add the results of the engineers visit to my ticket and hope that action can now be taken at your end to increase the speed.
Regards
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
Glad to hear the engineer managed to sort the port out for you! I have changed your connection profile on your account so you should start to see the speeds increase in the next 15 minutes. If there's not been an increase after this time try re-booting the router. I have escalated ticket 81046087 back to you with this information.
mikemph

Thanks Linn
I have done a line speed check and we are back to 73.05 - hooray!
Thanks for all your help.
I have marked the ticket as resolved.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear Mike! Smiley
I'm glad this has now been resolved for you! Hope that it's all smooth sailing from here! Wink