cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW vs Extra

Zap
Grafter

BBYW vs Extra

I use my broadband mostly during the day, I am currently on BBYW paying £14.99 (I am in market 1) and am considering moving to Extra.
Does anyone know if there is a noticable drop in performance?
I have done a comparison of the traffic shaping at Kitx and noticed that it seems to have differences in VPN, Binary/Usenet, FTP and Download sites.
I am not fussed about Usenet but I do use FTP and have files posted for me on some Download sites.
I am interested in finding out if the restrictions  make a big difference.
I also want to know if I can still lock it down so I cannot be charged if I go over bandwidth and that I will still have 128k speed.
Perhaps Mand will let me try it for a month and go back on BBYW if not happy???
9 REPLIES 9
Zap
Grafter

Re: BBYW vs Extra

bump?
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
If you don't use P2P/Usenet you shouldn't see any noticable difference.
You can do a direct comparison of the products here.
We'll be happy to move you back within 30 days of the change if you're not satisfied.
Zap
Grafter

Hi Mand
Well I upgraded a few days ago, I expect it processes at the end of the month?
Now I have used all of my allowance for January and been put on the 128k naughty step, is there any chance of getting the restriction lifted?
I did raise a ticket (38931097) in case it is required
Cheers
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Zap,
I have just replied to your ticket.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Zap,
I have just amended my last response on that ticket. Let me know if that suits you.
Jojo Smiley
Zap
Grafter

Thanks and YES PLEASE, quick I am dying out here!  Has taken me 30 minutes to load this page!!
Thanks a lot
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Zap,
That's done for you now.
Jojo Smiley
Zap
Grafter

Thanks a lot Jojo
Appreciate you sorting this, one thing, There seems to be a discrepancy between what the ticket said and the email. So how much have I got?  Also on the view my usage it says that I have used 728.17MB today, how is that possible when I have been locked down to 128k?  It has been so dire today, can't even listen to the radio on my Pure Evoke Flow, even after you removed the restriction speedtest.net said speed was not much over 2gb, usually get about 6gb.  I am wondering if this is because Extra is a poorer product to the BBYW or are there problems at Plusnet Towers?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Zap,
The email is a copy of the ticket so I'm not sure what the discrepancy could be? You are not yet on Extra and won't be until your next billing date. As far as your usage goes, is that amount for the whole day? There could be many reasons for a difference in speed which is something you'll have to monitor.
Jojo Smiley