Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW pro allowance

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BBYW pro allowance

has the allowance been increased to 20G or is it a mistake on the VMBU page. I'm account reset date has just passed and I'm sure it was 15G last month
Paul
15 REPLIES 15
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: BBYW pro allowance

Check out a recent change:  http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/pro.shtml
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulgul
Rising Star

Thanks for the link
I don't understand why thay can't keep their customers notified about account changes, are we expected to keep checking the web site in case something changes.
They are trying to keep quiet about it I suppose so that we only use 15Gb  Lips_are_sealed
Paul
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I hope that it is just a timing issue?  Hold your breath a bit longer Cheesy
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

dont smack a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind  Wink
paulgul
Rising Star

It won't affect me for long, as soon as my contract is finished (January) I'm off to O2 - can't afford PN's prices  Wink
adie:quote
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
The change to the usage allowance on Pro went out this morning. We'll be sending out an email to our Pro customers shortly to let them know of the increase.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Vip3r
Grafter

Great news, cheers plusnet.
PS, couldn’t you have made it 25GB  Wink
Mand
Grafter

Some people are never happy Wink
20GB for just shy of £20 with no shaping is a pretty good deal to be fair, especially with free overnight usage Smiley
paulgul
Rising Star

Quote from: Mand
20GB for just shy of £20 with no shaping ain't is a pretty good deal to be fair, especially with free overnight usage Smiley

I think you have your rose tinted specs on  Wink
When my contract is finished I'm looking to move to O2 (LLU), they offer unlimited download with no traffic shaping for around £12 (under £8 for O2 phone customers). Made a few enquiries on their forums a few weeks ago and most users were happy with their service and speed. Of course there's always a few that are moaning but you will get that with any provider - even PN  Smiley
Be3G
Grafter

Out of interest, what's happening to users of the PAYG 15GB (once 10GB) special offer - effectively the same as BBYW/PN Pro but before it was labelled as such? Will they be seeing the increase too?
James
Grafter

I think think so Be3g.
I don't know for absolutely certain - but I doubt we'd have touched it.  They can easily upgrade though.
Be3G
Grafter

Hmm Ok. I think it would have been a nice gesture to update the usage allowance for that too, as after all it really is basically exactly the same product as PN Pro just with a different name, and anyone who doesn't read the newsletter or the Community won't be aware of their ability to gain by moving to PN Pro. (In other words, it feels a little bit like PN are just using the different name as a cop-out.) Having said that, it's good to see PN upgrading some (BBYW Pro) legacy customers rather than keeping it only for PN Pro, so I won't moan too much.
Or, thinking about it, perhaps PN could consider sending a basic e-mail to the PAYG 15GB users, a little bit along the lines of the Pro increase update e-mail mentioned earlier by Dave, to let them know that they could move to the current iteration of their product, with no penalty/contract, to take advantage of the extra usage?
James
Grafter

I'll ask Andy if there's any upsell plans.
I've just checked Jelv's account and there's been no change.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There is a difference between the old PAYG 15GB product and the current Pro product - price of additional usage.
From what I can see the new Pro has no prepaid rate - it is a flat £2 per 2GB (or part thereof - but that's another story!)
PAYG is £1.80 per 2GB when you go over your included allowance. If you regularly go over you can increase your allowance at a cost of £1.50 per 2GB. (Interesting thought: were these rates changed to £1.76 and £1.46 because of the VAT reduction - they should have been!)
Looking at BBYW Pro the additional usage rates are as I suggested above (with the VAT reduction). People on BBYW Pro should therefore NOT switch to the new product.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)