7 REPLIES 7
LiamM
Grafter

Re: BBYW from Pay as you go

Yes on both counts.
Be3G
Grafter

Though, would I be correct in remembering a peculiarity regarding Fax2email, as it's not actually normally offered with BBYW? Something along the lines of if it gets deactivated through non-use, you won't be able to reactivate it again?
knewmans
Dabbler

Thanks
James
Grafter

Hi guys,
if you have fax2email on a legacy account, this can be carried over to BBYW should you wish to keep it.
fxbronte
Grafter

Beware, I changed a couple of days ago, on the understanding that after midnight both products were identical, yet my Usenet downloads speeds have dropped to an average of 5KBs. Telephone support has just informed me that this is how it is under BBYW.
I feel extremely disappointed, I have been a customer for over 6 year, and on the whole, I have been reasonably satisfied with PN, however I feel that I was misled about this matter.
On the phone I have been told that I should be able to switch back to PAYG  by putting a request.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Whilst I appreciate that you are dissapointed in the speeds that you are now seeing, I don't think that your summary of what you were told by the CSC was very fair.  They have showed you a comparison table which allows you to compare the two products, your current one and your former.
Dependant on network load, there should be no restrictions on Usenet after midnight. It's always worth trying to reboot your router to get onto a different gateway to see if this helps to resolve the situation.  As you've been told, you can always move back to your former product should you wish to do so.
fxbronte
Grafter

Thank you James.
I shall try your suggestion tonight to see if the situation is ameliorated, otherwise I shall move back to PAYG, which, incidentally, according to site referred by CS, http://usergroup.plus.net/070920_bbywcomp3.php, ; both the PAYG and BBYW2 afyer midnight is shown as NR (Not restricted)