cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW Upgrade - How Long?

talpa
Grafter

BBYW Upgrade - How Long?

I've chosen to upgrade from BBYW option 2 to Pro on the portal. I would have thought that this would be instant, but it appears to have raised a ticket which suggests that it's going to try and submit a regrade on my line?
This Customer has requested an upgrade from "PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract)" to "PlusNet Broadband Your Way Pro with included 15GB bandwidth". A regrade order will be submitted automatically for this request at a cost of £0.00 (£0.00 inc VAT); a separate adjustment for the account type change will be made upon completion
You have chosen a fixed cost Broadband Your Way option
- Lets you set a price limit for your broadband, if you know you don't want to pay any extra per month.

Any idea how long the upgrade should take?
5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: BBYW Upgrade - How Long?

I guess one of the Comms team will respond more fully on Monday, but normally the Regrade (upgrade ;)) happens quite quickly.  Days usually.  The Ticket just shows that an action has been placed in the appropriate queue to get the Billing / Allowance etc changes made in Workplace.
Most likely you will see the changes before you get the notification Cheesy
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ramidoodle
Grafter

@talpa
I can change your account immediately, however we usually put them on hold until the next billing date as you've paid for your current account until that date. If upgrade immediately, this will incur a pro-rota charge to cover the difference between the cost of these 2 account types. btw, even if I  change the account type now, the usage will not reset. Instead, it only be reset on the next billing date. I guess this is not very important as you they both have the same usage allowance.
your IP and VOIP CLI will be retained, just the firewall will automatically be reset to low so you might need to re-adjusted to your preferred option Wink
let me know if you want to change or wait until you next billing date pweez Smiley
talpa
Grafter

Quote from: RamiDoodle
let me know if you want to change

Change please. I've commented the ticket accordingly. Cheers!
ramidoodle
Grafter

Done Wink
you can adjust your firewall back to what it was. retained all features.
talpa
Grafter

Quote from: RamiDoodle
Done Wink
you can adjust your firewall back to what it was. retained all features.

Perfect - thanks.