James
Grafter

Re: BBYW Pro - Lite

Plans
Smiley
thehatman
Grafter

That's not very helpful is it? A one word answer. 
No wonder people are all going to 02.
James
Grafter

Sorry, I was trying to be lighthearted, which clearly backfired!  I was just trying to give you a simple answer without any jargon that would be easily understood.
Basically, when something's in a Project Phase is means that it is being actively worked on with weekly updates and a clear guideline on the targetted completion time.
thehatman
Grafter

Thank you.  When will it be available? 
I'm getting a bit financially desperate you see, so I want ot go on Pro Lite soon.  Didn't mean to be humourless.
geewizz
Grafter

Now that you have the definition of "project phase" you can substitute it into the sentence you were struggling to understand, rather than asking the same question again.
The answer is that the idea hasn't reached the planning stage so there are no dates set for completion or roll-out yet. There are no dates available but you have been promised that as soon as some are known then you will be informed that they are known and you will be given some indication of them as and when they are considered to be good enough for publication.
This is fun. Smiley
thehatman
Grafter

Geewizz,  you are being patronising and smug. As a customer of PN I'm am entitled to ask my questions as I wish. Not everyone works in an office.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well actually I was going to say a) I dont think that GeeWizz works in an office  B) he probably heres a lot more of that,  See his web sitehttp://www.philgeddes.co.uk/v1.html
Glad you moderated your comment though
tasker

Although PAYG 2 Gb is no longer available to new customers, PlusNet do offer a business product, Teleworker, which has a 2 Gb PAYG option at £15.99 (incl VAT) per month (extra 2 Gb chunks at £1.77 in advance, £2.12 after the event). Under usage they say: "Network Traffic Management - Teleworker customers get a prioritised service at all times." Includes 240 minutes of anytime Broadband Phone calls to UK landlines each month, 100 Mb webspace, free hosting 3 domains and all the other features I am used to with my legacy home PAYG product. It may not be suitable for gaming, but it is designed to provide fast download and upload speeds (up to 8 Mb, 448k upstream. I also assume you can use P2P because it states this can be turned off if you want.
So far as I can see this product would be available to any individual. If you say you are a self-employed teleworker, I don't see PlusNet can disprove it. The main snag is that so far as I can see there is no mechanism to transfer to this from one of the home products. You would have to cease your existing contract and then pay £40 setup cost, although you do get a 1 port router in with this. 12 month contract.
Perhaps PlusNet could comment if they would consider transferring a customer on one of the home products to this. It offers no advantage if you are on legacy PAYG, but might suit some people on BBYW.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: tasker
Perhaps PlusNet could comment if they would consider transferring a customer on one of the home products to this. It offers no advantage if you are on legacy PAYG, but might suit some people on BBYW.

We don't tend to encourage that customers move from a residential to a business product unless they've a legitimate reason for doing so. Having said that it is possible to move you across without having to cease and reprovide the service.
It's worth bearing in mind that all of our business accounts come with 12 month contracts.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thehatman
Grafter

So, realistically, when will BB Pro Lite be rolled out?
geewizz
Grafter

I have it on good authority that it will be rolled out on 31st November for a one day trial.
techguy
Grafter

As mentioned in the thread I started about a pro day pass I'd be very interested in something like this.
I appreciate what you say about resourcing Ian but please put it down as a priority as I reckon it would sell like hot cakes or you know what off a shovel.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: thehatman
So, realistically, when will BB Pro Lite be rolled out?

I don't think anybody can provide you with a definitive answer for that question because ultimately nobody knows. As inferred by Ian earlier in this thread there's a possibility that there will be something akin to what you're asking for before the year's out but nothing's in development at the moment.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

techguy
Grafter

Count me in as a definite customer.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

James and Ian,
Can you give us an update on where you are with the development of this product. Specifically, where in the spectrum below are you?
Twinkle in Father's eye ........ Conception  ........ Gestation .........  Imminent Birth ........ Public announcement .
Did this Project make it into the plan that Iam alluded to some time ago?