Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW Pro Free Game Offer

minimos
Grafter

BBYW Pro Free Game Offer

Hi,
I just wanted a quick rant about the free game that is now being given out on BBYW Pro.
Being a bit dim witted I didn't read the terms and conditions for the promotion and happily sent off a request for a game having recently just transfered my package to pro from premiere.
My ticket has been returned informing me that the offer is only available to new plus net customers as per the terms and conditions.
Now I'm not usually one for complaining or moaning, but having the offer open to only new customers seems to be a snub to a loyal user base who has supported plus.net over the years.
I know the first 100 or so existing customer who signed up for the service when it was launched got a game, but I really am disappointed that those who have transfered since/now will not get anything.  If new customers were to utilise the BBYW terms they could leave within a month and pay nothing and still have a free game as the terms do not state that you have to be with plus.net for a minimum period, so you could  end up with a lot of freeloaders.
Is it something the support team could look into?
Thanks in advance
Minimos
8 REPLIES 8
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: BBYW Pro Free Game Offer

Don't you have to sign up for a year to get the free game?  Existing customers could as easily get the new game by taking up the offer of £5 a month off for 6 months, and spending the £30 they save on buying the game themselves.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

minimos
Grafter

True, that is another way of looking at it, but it would be nice to have the choice.
I can't find anything in the terms about minimum sign up though I have copied the details from the following link:-
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbyw_pro_offer.shtml
Stuff you need to know
1. All new PlusNet customers who sign up for Broadband Your Way Pro before 1st February 2008 are eligible for a free Ubisoft game
from the list provided below:
    * Assassin's Creed (PS3/Xbox 360)
    * Beowulf (PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
    * Blazing Angels 2 (PS3)
    * Haze (PS3)
    * The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PS3)
    * Surf's Up
    * (PS3/Xbox 360/PC) CSI 4: Hard Evidence (Xbox 360/PC)
    * Naruto (Xbox 360)
    * Rainbow Six Classics (Xbox 360)
    * Chessmaster 11 (PC)

2. Once you have signed up for Broadband Your Way Pro and your broadband is activated, please request your free game here.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
4. This offer is not available to employees of PlusNet, its agencies or their families.
Ianwild
Grafter

This decision caused us a lot of internal debate and I'm not surprised to see a few people unhappy about it. As a rule we do always try to make the same offers to existing customers as we do new ones, and in the first round of this game offer we made sure it was available to existing customers as well as new ones.
This time round however the offer is being paid for from a budget set aside to attract new customers (This is basically instead of an advert in a magazine) and as such we couldn't find the justification to extend it to existing customers.
I should be clear that this particular decision certainly doesn't reflect a change of our approach generally. It's just a case here that the money we have left for our Christmas promotions this year is having to go as far as possible and was ringfenced. I'm very happy to hear others views on this and will make sure they are passed on.
Ian
PS.  I certainly make no promises, but if you were planning on upgrading and choose to do so anyway, feel free to send me a PM with your username once you have done so and I will see what I can do...
minimos
Grafter

Thanks Ian
I know plus.net don't usually discriminate against new/existing customer and I hope it is not an indicator of policy change from 'upstairs'.
Unfortunately for me I have already upgraded to pro so I am guessing any chance of a freebie has been missed, I have an impeccable sense of timing  Roll_eyes
If you could pass on any feedback from the existing user base I would be most grateful, assuming of course that I am not the only one rambling on about it  Tongue
Ianwild
Grafter

I'm sure you're not the only one, and it's not from 'upstairs' - no need to worry about that!
Ian
Delves
Grafter

You can add me to the list of disgruntled... I also upgraded just before this offer was made available and having raised a question about it I was told that I would not have got it anyway as the offer was for NEW customers only.
I've only ever had broadband from PlusNet and have been with you since 2002.
Since upgrading I've suffered my first experience of a throttled connection so I'm a little upset but it was what I expected
David
troutfish

Quote from: Ian
I'm sure you're not the only one, and it's not from 'upstairs' - no need to worry about that!

From that are we to deduce that management live downstairs so they don't have to brave the lift?  Huh
godsell4
Rising Star

No PS2 games ?  Huh I guess the installed base of PS2 is not that large ... not!
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed