Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYB - Option 1 - Some questions

Wheel_nut
Grafter

BBYB - Option 1 - Some questions

I have also asked this on TBB...
One of my referrals is considering signing up for Option 1 @ £9-99/ month:
1) If the account is canceled after a couple of months, having given 30 days notice and if NO hardware was taken, Is there any money due to PlusNet?
2) If sign-up is completed on-line, how long is it currently taking to go live on a NEW Connection? The BT Phone line is already active.
3) If Direct Debit is set up at order time, does any other payment have to be made in advance?
4) Can the Direct Debit recurring date be selected by the customer? 1st to 6th of month would be preferable.
R
14 REPLIES 14
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: BBYB - Option 1 - Some questions

Lets see...
1) If you leave within 1 year of signing up you will have to pay the activation costs which is currently £40+VAT.
2) Activations normally take up to 7 working days and can occur anytime within that - I've known someone get activated within 1 day, however see answer 3
3) No. But using DD can add up to 10 days to the overall activation period due to the DD having to be set-up first before the order can be placed.
4) No, the payment day is normally the date the activation completes. You can specify a date in the future for activation, so you could do it that way, BUT BT can sometimes activate the connection earlier thus changing the billing date. Once the billing date is set, it cannot be changed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

What about the cancellation charge if the BB service is to be cancelled
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

There currently is none from BT. They suspended it a month or so back and have not yet released details of what it will cost or even if it ever will return.
TBB news article
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Wheel_nut
Grafter

My referral wants the Direct Debit date to be between the 1st and 6th of each month.
I have seen the suggestion in another thread that you can sign up for a FREE Dialup account and add Direct debit details to that account. Then, a week in advance of the required service start date, upgrade the account to Broadband. So:
1) If I sign up for a Free Dial-up account today and add Direct Debit details, How long will it be before PlusNet would be ready to upgrade the account to Broadband using the Direct Debit Account?
2) Knowing that my referral wants to pay between the 1st and 6th of the month for BBYW Option 1, can someone at PlusNet handle this for us? I can provide Line and D/D details asap.
R
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Oldjim
Perhaps this document should be changed then http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml

BT recently set the amount for the cease charge at £4.90+VAT. We're looking into this to see what to do and once a decision is made then the page will be updated I'm sure.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Wheel_nut

1) If I sign up for a Free Dial-up account today and add Direct Debit details, How long will it be before PlusNet would be ready to upgrade the account to Broadband using the Direct Debit Account?

A Direct Debit takes about a week to set up and the broadband order again about a week. So unless you add card details to the account as well allow 2 weeks from adding the Direct Debit to the broadband being active.
Quote from: Wheel_nut
2) Knowing that my referral wants to pay between the 1st and 6th of the month for BBYW Option 1, can someone at PlusNet handle this for us? I can provide Line and D/D details asap.

We can't change a billing date as it causes far too many problems as such the best way around it is to signup on a date that will give the best chance of being active on the day you want to be billed.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Word_Warrior
Grafter

I've recently signed my sister up for BB option 1 £9.99. We chose to go wires only as I had a spare router/modem and we deferred activation fees by committing to 12 months.
To my annoyance, and embarrassment an activation fee appeared on the DD (pending at present) So I raised a ticket to query this. While this is being pursued through accounts and should reach a satisfactory conclusion (SHOULD!) My question is, Why did this slip through in the first place? I clicked the right radio button in the set up forms and all seemed to go smoothly with the DD being set up a few days later.
My sister is on a budget and was a little annoyed at the prospect of an extra £40.00 going out. I've assured her that it was a mistake by PN but as the fee still appears on the DD I'm having to field too many questions about it. Hence my annoyance considering it was my recommendation that made her choose PN. Huh Angry
FYI Ticket ID is :- 23333137
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the erronomous charge.
This matter is in hand and once the direct debit payment has cleared, we'll be able to refund straight away.  Unfortunately we cannot do this until the fee has been taken.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the erronomous charge.
This matter is in hand and once the direct debit payment has cleared, we'll be able to refund straight away.  Unfortunately we cannot do this until the fee has been taken.

Thanks for the apology but the question was "why did it happen in the first place?"
James
Grafter

Ah, sorry about that.
I can't see any reason why they should have been charged.  I did initially wonder if it was a manual error at our end, but the whole process looks to have been automated with no intervention from our side.  I have asked finance to have a look for me and see if they have any suggestions.
James
Grafter

Hi again,
I still can't see any reason why this is happening, but I've now raised a P1 problem on it which you'll be able to see on our website.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Thanks James for your (as ever) prompt dealing with this. At least I can report back and the important thing is that it will be sorted. (won't it? :)) We wouldn't want the wrath of my sister on us now would we?
Thanks an regards
Andy
pp big sis. Grin
Mark
Grafter

At least I can report back and the important thing is that it will be sorted. (won't it?)h

Absolutely. We certainly dont want you to incurr any wrath from your sister. Smiley