cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer on Mac and streaming to Apple TV

Bluejohn

BBC iPlayer on Mac and streaming to Apple TV

I have a Thomson TG585v7 router and an iMac running the Lion os. Thinking of buying an Apple TV.
Does anyone know if the router will be capable of streaming BBC iPlayer to the Mac and wirelessly transmitting from the Mac to Apple Tv at the same time? Note the forthcoming Mountain Lion OS will permit sending to the Apple TV whatever is on the Mac screen.
Thanks for any advice you can give.
John Atherton.
3 REPLIES 3
Trevor
Grafter

Re: BBC iPlayer on Mac and streaming to Apple TV

I have the same router and bought my Apple TV yesterday evening so obviously I haven't accrued any real experience of it yet. I did though do a quick test using the iPlayer app on the iPad and it seemed to work okay. Some of the other catch up TV services don't support Airplay but you can get round it to a degree by using mirroring. The disappointment though is SkyGo which just puts up a message saying HDMI output is not supported by this app, even if you turn on mirroring. I suspect that this is Sky taking the attitude 'if you want to watch on your TV then use your Sky box' but it does seem a bit restrictive.
Trevor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Bluejohn
I have a Thomson TG585v7 router and an iMac running the Lion os. Thinking of buying an Apple TV.
Does anyone know if the router will be capable of streaming BBC iPlayer to the Mac

I use iMac running Lion 10.7.3, and have no problems with streaming BBC iPlayer to my iMac, downloading that is.
Same router. Connected using Wi-fi

Latest BBC update also allows full screen viewing on iMac, it didn't on Lion for a while.
Apple TV, can't help there.
Bluejohn

Smiley Thanks Guys,
I think I will go ahead and order the Apple TV.