cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer dying on its feet

fourfourdevon
Grafter

BBC iPlayer dying on its feet

Much like I had a week or so back, BBC iPlayer is playing 10 seconds, caching for 10 seconds and so on.
Undecided
7 REPLIES 7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BBC iPlayer dying on its feet

Is it happening on any other TVoD or do you think it could be some fallout from last night?
fourfourdevon
Grafter

I was watching BBC iPlayer last night after they came back online and earlier this morning too no problems.  I've also been reading up on the BBC's problems last night, I would doubt what happened is having any effect on what I am experiencing now.
4OD is having the same problems, and they are much lower res than BBC stuff, so yes, TVoD is not having a good time at the moment on Plusnets network.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

And suddenly, just like that, everything is fine again.

Huh
fourfourdevon
Grafter

OK, so this thing is like a yoyo, one minute fine, two or three minutes later, very not fine.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI fourfourdevon,
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if it's something to do with your connection specifically?
Jojo Smiley
fourfourdevon
Grafter

I just spoke to support on the phone, they feel (at least for now) that the problem is either to be expected and/or not a Plusnet issue.
My connection seems fine, in so much as running a speed test on it shows it downloading and uploading extremely well.
However the BBC iplayer speed test doesn't run at all for me, no idea what that means.
I have agreed that I will continue to monitor and call back if the problem continues.
For reference :
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, ok. Keep us posted. Smiley