Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB troubleshooter

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

BB troubleshooter

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. The bb troubleshooter seems to have gone awol. I am trying to raise a fault, but just get a screen saying that everything has been done and passed to faults. 
If anyone can advise, my sync has started to drop again, firstly when anyone rang and now its every time the phone is picked up, sync almost always drops. Sync speeds currently dont seem to be affected. Nothing in my setup changed. I dont have any extensions,  phone and bb plugged into a bt vdsl faceplate that a bt engineer fitted a while back after a previous fault. I am thinking it may be a line card issue.
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BB troubleshooter

Have you looked under open tickets - there may be something there - however adding a comment sends it to the back of the queue
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Yeah. They picked it up and did 'every test on the line possible' and could find no fault.  They also mentiobed that the bbts was back up, but it isnt. They didn't even post the results of the tests on the ticket.
Bit stumped as to what to do next.  The current crop of agents dont instill much confidence.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Did you report a speed fault or a disconnecting fault
If a disconnecting fault they should have been able to see it from the radius logs
Perhaps better to wait for it to be picked up here
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Didnt get a chance to say either way. There is intermittent noise on the line, but sync drops when line clear.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You may have missed a step somewhere
If I remember correctly there is a fork in the fault report fairly early on - speed problem or disconnection problem
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Thanks for posting. I think I've fixed the portal for you, it seems the last (closed) fault was still open in the background.
You should now be able to go straight to faults.plus.net and raise a new fault. If you still have problems, post back here and I'll direct your other support query in the right direction.
In regard to the fault itself, these things tend to happen with faulty filters, telephones at your side or the line card at the exchange. Hopefully we can persuade our colleagues at Wholesale to arrange an engineer to the exchange, but I suspect you'll need an engineer.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks tony. I will do some diagnostics at this end see what turns up. If nothing I will raise a fault.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

DSL Type:ITU-T G.992.5Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:888 / 7.530Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:658,09 / 313,52Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12,8 / 0,0Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:25,1 / 45,5SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:10,4 / 6,1System Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / ----Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote):BDCM / IFTNLoss of Framing (Local/Remote):178 / 0Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):20 / 0Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0Loss of Link (Remote):-Error Seconds (Local/Remote):1.521 / 10FEC Errors (Up/Down):789 / 418CRC Errors (Up/Down):14 / 19HEC Errors (Up/Down):37 / 521
Ok. In test socket with a microfilter and currently all seems ok.sync not dropping on incoming and outgoing calls. Stats still look a bit odd to me though. A fair few errors for only a min or so uptime.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
If this resolved it, I'd expect the errors to disappear as well.
Whilst errors are still there, we can book an engineer, but it might not be worth it at this stage.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Ok. Over 3 days uptime now with the BT VDSL plate removed and a bog standard rats tail filter in.  There does seem to be a pattern here, that every time I use a filtered faceplate of some kind, either the ADSLNation one, or now this BT VDSL plate, by line after a few days or weeks becomes unstable, and is cured by using the test socket with a standard filter.
IIRC these filtered plates are 'active' filters I think, that use transistors to remove the signals.  Why would active filters have a determental effect on my ADSL?
Current stats are:-
Link Information

Uptime: 3 days, 4:05:48
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 7.530
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 772,51 / 1,99
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,8 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 25,1 / 45,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 9,9 / 4,2
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 178 / 0