cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB has dropped.

IanSn
Rising Star

BB has dropped.

Had to phone Post Office on Saturday as had no dial tone and they booked engineer for Weds (tomorrow). Fault on line.
BB was on though, until this afternoon when it dropped - no internet light - and has stayed off. Its been dropping for short periods for a week or so.
So, having engineer (hopefully) coming tomorrow afternoon thinking its just a phone fault.
How does this work now? Do I tell engineer BB is down, too, or get PN to look at that?
7 REPLIES 7
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: BB has dropped.

I would avoid mentioning to the telephone engineer that you have an ADL issue. It may cause confusion and not get the phone fixed.

When the phone is fixed, the ADSL might come back on. If not, then contact Plusnet with an ADSL fault.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
IanSn
Rising Star

Yes, thanks, sounds like good thinking! Fingers crossed for a show tomorrow.
IanSn
Rising Star

@SpendLessTime  You were right. Call from engineer at 7.15am. Fixed by 11am. Broadband and telephone back up. Happy.

SpendLessTime
Hero

Thankfully I was right Smiley I never enjoy being wrong.

IanSn
Rising Star

@SpendLessTime Two weeks ago there was a line of OR trucks parked up beside the cabinet, they were there for a few days. Then they disappeared but left a tent over the cabinet. Stayed like that for a week.This was when the drops started. Then on Saturday the phone was dead, then BB. Engineer today said something was 'dislodged'.

They're still out there now so still have fingers crossed...

SpendLessTime
Hero

Perhaps someone on the way home from the pub fell into the tent  Wink

We have a lot of Openreach staff and contractors working in our area currently and I'm always on tenterhooks when they are accessing the underground chamber where my line goes.

Fingers and toes crossed for both of us.

IanSn
Rising Star

Well, there was a half-eaten big mac and fries left in there the other day when I walked past. You might be right again! It was chucking it here a couple of days ago. Nice little shelter...