Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Equipment Prices

danger11
Grafter

BB Equipment Prices

Can i ask plusnet why you charge obscene prices for your routers? £40 = Ripoff
If i had a router that actualy worked i would pay the £40. But the router you provider is completly useless ...

27 REPLIES 27
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: BB Equipment Prices

Hi there,
Most customers tend to choose the option to defer the cost of the hardwre over 12 months so it ends up being free anyway. Care to elaborate on why you think the router's useless?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just been through danger11's posts. To me it looks like he/she has general issues with PN and its associates, Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

makes you wonder with there first post Roll_eyes Roll_eyes :
Quote from: danger11
i sell hosting at http://www.firstnetserv.co.uk

Roll_eyes
danger11
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Hi there,
Most customers tend to choose the option to defer the cost of the hardwre over 12 months so it ends up being free anyway. Care to elaborate on why you think the router's useless?

Hi.
Ever since the day the router arrived had nothing but problems with it, VPN not working. Disconnections etc. and firmware would not upgrade.
danger11
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre

Roll_eyes

Wow u can read a signature........... Stop being stupid and sticking up for plusnet.

danger11
Grafter

Quote from: lucerne
Just been through danger11's posts. To me it looks like he/she has general issues with PN and its associates, Roll_eyes

No you are 100% Wrong.
i neither like/dislike plusnet its just a fact that there customer service is useless and they make customers pay for it.....
Denzil
Grafter

Sorry, but I get that impression from your posts as well :).
If you do a quick search on the TG585 £40 is about the normal going rate for it. OK, you might have a faulty one, but why not just ask nicely for a replacement? The vast majority of us have only had good service from PN. Give them a chance and be nice and they (and we) will do their best to help.
Calling other customers stupid is not a good way to go about getting help.
matt_2k34
Grafter

indeed it isnt. particularly ones who are probably the most helpful around the forum.
It was your choice to take the router from PN, they dont "force" anything upon you - you had the chance to go buy any router that you wanted.
danger11
Grafter

Quote from: Denzil
Sorry, but I get that impression from your posts as well :).
If you do a quick search on the TG585 £40 is about the normal going rate for it. OK, you might have a faulty one, but why not just ask nicely for a replacement? The vast majority of us have only had good service from PN. Give them a chance and be nice and they (and we) will do their best to help.
Calling other customers stupid is not a good way to go about getting help.

I have tried there support methods,  takes them weeks for a reply.
danger11
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34
indeed it isnt. particularly ones who are probably the most helpful around the forum.
It was your choice to take the router from PN, they dont "force" anything upon you - you had the chance to go buy any router that you wanted.

I couldnt care any less how  helpfull he is or not.... i am not getting any help from plusnet at all.  I was told the router was a better replacement for the one i currently have.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre

Roll_eyes

Wow u can read a signature........... Stop being stupid and sticking up for plusnet.

soryy I am not stupid, I just posted your first post in full, tried all my glasses and cant find a signature line anywhere except my one
danger11
Grafter

Still you where sarcastic by saying "makes you wonder with there first post"  anyway i am not arguing with you about that. it isnt the point in the thread.
dick:quote

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Danger11- I don't  see any requests for support from you since April and if you visit http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 you can see our latest customer support statistics.
As much as we try, we are aware that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but I'm sorry that you do not seem to have had a smooth ride with Plusnet. If there was an issue with the router I'm sure we would have been happy to replace it.
danger11
Grafter

Hi
No offence but http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 can be faked.
I didnt specificaly ask for a new router but i hinted it.. I eventualy gave up on plusnet. You guys accused me of chargedbacks etc. also i need to add you where the ones who didnt charge my bank Smiley (this was proved by my bank itself)
dick:quote