cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B T line parameter software.

oldgeezer
Grafter

B T line parameter software.

I'm relatively new to wireless broadband and have just replaced my Philips abg mode wireless modem-router with a Cisco Linksys WAG120N model. It was very easy to set up and up to now giving good results with a marked increase in download speed and range.
When I access the router browser however I cannot find any indication of phone line characteristics other than up & down sync speeds. There is no indication of things like line attenuation or s/n ratios.
Can anyone recommend  a simple (free) application that I can run to keep an eye on these figures ?
oldgeezer
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: B T line parameter software.

I believe you can get the line statistics via the router browser using a hidden page.
Assuming your router using using the default ip it should be http://192.168.1.1/setup.cgi?next_file=adsl_driver.htm

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

oldgeezer
Grafter

Thank-you for that, unfortunately it shows every parameter except the 3 that I want which are missing.
______      dsl Noise Margin
______      dsl Attenuation
______      dsl Transmit Power
oooooer that's funny !
oldgeezer
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks like a fundamental problem with the firmware !  http://208.74.204.125/t5/Cable-and-DSL/WAG120N-Problem-in-line-measurement/m-p/298728
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Yep, looks like Cisco/Linksys have decided, in their wisdom, that there is no need for your to see those figures Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

oldgeezer
Grafter

It would seem so, I've just contacted Cisco and the reply is that the information that I require can only be obtained from my ISP provider !
I thought it was the case that the ISP provider asked the customer to provide this information.
Is there not some third party software that could extract this information ?
I went for Cisco because the IT outfit at my old firm used to swear by (not at) them.
It seems that the information has been removed from other Cisco modem/routers, it all seems a bit sinister.
oldgeezer.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is there a way to telnet to the router? You may find the info via that route.