stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

B T Speed Tester

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 1.17 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Why am I enable to run the second part of the BT speed tester
12 REPLIES 12
markg14045
Dabbler

Re: B T Speed Tester

Quote from: stathe
FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 1.17 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Why am I unable to run the second part of the BT speed tester

If we are talking about the same tester the java applet for that is incredibly unreliable.
Try instead using speedtest.net and see what results you get from that.

stathe
Rising Star

Thank you  but    I dont want all the options with speedtest net as it is trying to sell me stuff and The BT one shows what plusnet have in mined for me
firstalpha
Rising Star

Quote from: stathe
Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

How many times have you tried to re-run the test?
Also, what is your exchange capable of... dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Was it this site that you used? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ?
On the few basic checks I've done, the speed test you achieved is about right for your line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
stathe
Rising Star

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 0.97 Mbps

Thanks
It is that test and this is what I get  B T wholsale I would like the rest to work
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Have you been able to try an alternative browser? There is nothing that I'm aware of that is stopping the site loading.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

stathe
Rising Star

Have tried with Chrome and Firefox and it doesnt  work
markg14045
Dabbler

Not sure why this matters so much, there are other methods of testing your speed.
It's don't think it's in Plusnet's remit for this as it's a none service affecting.
I know from past experience that tester is horribly unreliable and as has been said in previous posts if you've ran the test too many times the site will block you from running it.
stathe
Rising Star

They do advise its use if you have problems.it should work and has for me in the past
shure
Grafter

Quote from: markg14045

It's don't think it's in Plusnet's remit for this as it's a none service affecting.

You may be right, but am I right in thinking that Plusnet can see the results of the test their end?  So it's useful that way as it's direct evidence of a user experience e for them to see
stathe
Rising Star

I think that is why