cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful connection issues since Monday. Getting stupid now.

reecicles
Grafter

Awful connection issues since Monday. Getting stupid now.

I have been having major connection issues since planned maintenance last Monday. Randomly cuts out for a few seconds and then sometimes cuts out for hours at a time. At first the hours weren't really effecting me as it was during work hours - and this was planned maintenance so i expected some down time. Everytime i couldnt connect to the web i'd check the service status on my phone - and there'd be an explanation.
It's got to the point now where my patience has wore thin. I now have frequent disconnects with no explanation on the service status. Wait time on calling you guys is 45 minutes.
I had no problems with my connection before this "maintenance". Please sort my line out.
Reece
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Awful connection issues since Monday. Getting stupid now.

I think it unlikely that any 'planned maintenance' would affect just a single customer and I don't believe there have been other complaints.  Therefore consider the possibility that the fact that your problems started on the day of some planned maintenance is pure coincidence.  If that were the case you might well need to be a bit more proactive to get your problem fixed; see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
reecicles
Grafter

I don't know if you'vebeen keeping up with current plusnet events but if you check the service status you can see in plain writing that users have been having broadband issues. it's not just one user.
I checked the link you sent and it seemed to be about fixing my speed. The problem is I cant connect to the internet. Not my speed. This is not an internal issue its a plusnet/BT problem as my DSL light is flashing on my modem.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

If the DSL light is flashing that means you do not have the broadband equivalent of a dial tone.  You would not see that if it was a wider Plusnet problem, this is a problem somewhere in or between your house and the telephone exchange.  The procedure to follow is essentially the same as for a speed fault; you eliminate the possibility that the problem could be in your house then report the fault to Plusnet so they can call out an engineer. 
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There's definitely an issue with your line at the moment. Our Faults Team have your Fault Ticket (88138149), we'll get an update across to you as soon as we can.