cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Up speed, please help!

Caiz

Awful Up speed, please help!

Hi there.
I have an issue with my upload speed. My Down is currently at 13Mbps which I don't think is too shabby, happy with that but my up speed is only 0.35Mbps or lower!
A few days ago I checked my speeds and the up was at 2Mbps (with again a 13Mbps) but even then the 2 hour video I was uploading to YouTube was taking in the area of 4 days to upload!
Does anyone know why the drop in speed? Or was it just a random spike when I checked it before? Is there anyway to get the up higher?
I have only been with Plusnet a month or 2 and I upload stuff a lot being a podcaster and uploading gaming videos.
Any help is much appreciated.  Cry
Carl.
11 REPLIES 11
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Awful Up speed, please help!

Hi Carl and welcome to the Community.
I've placed an order with our suppliers for your upload speeds to be uncapped. I would expect this to complete on Monday morning for you. You don't need to do anything, the change should be fully automated.
Apologies for it not being uncapped from the start!
Caiz

Brilliant thank you! It's okay, at least it was something that can be solved easily and not me having to do command prompts, changing my IP, plugging and unplugging in cables into the router in a mysterious order while humming a song finishing in a back flip.
Thank you for the fast reply as well.
Carl.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Carl.
That looks to be sorted for you now.
Caiz

What should I be expecting on my up? It's around 0.70 now and I can't play any online games Sad The speed is slightly better by around 0.35ish but before I was able to play online, now I can't with out massive lag.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is this via Ethernet or Wireless?
Can you try Ethernet to see if there is a difference if you're currently using Wireless?
Those upload speeds are there or there abouts with what we would expect. We wouldn't anticipate any problems with gaming though which is something we'd need to look at. If you could try the above to begin with, that'd be great.
Caiz

Yeah I am using ethernet.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What games are you trying to play?
Does this happen on all games? What Platform is the game on? Xbox 360?, Xbox One?, PC?
Caiz

Halo 3 and Reach on 360 going to try my Xbox One quick and see if that's doing it.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, let me know.
Caiz

Okay so after I last wrote I checked Titanfall on my Xbox One and it was fine! Then that evening I went to play it again and I couldn't... Tried 360 and it was even worse. Since then I haven't been able to play anything online.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your line is erroring a little which isn't a good sign (not too heavily though).
I can apply Interleaving for you, it'll have very little impact on gaming.