cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting Activation - but line is already activated!

ee61re
Grafter

Awaiting Activation - but line is already activated!

We have inherited a phone line from the previous owners of our house - they were with Tiscali for BB and phone, and they were going to have their number ported to their new house.
As a result, I submitted a dummy number order with PN, and this was progressing fine.
I have since had confirmation that Tiscali were unable to port the previous owners number, so PN are now progressing my order based on that number, rather than the dummy one.
PN are telling me that activation will be on the 20th Feb.
I queried this, because my modem shows the line as active ADSL, and the BT startup_domain logon works fine, but my PN username doesn't work.
They told me I have to wait.
Is it just the case that PN are waiting until BT tell them the line is active (which it always has been) before enabling my account?
ie - can I get PN BB now, if someone at PN enables my account?

Rob
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Awaiting Activation - but line is already activated!

Hi Rob,
When we place an order for broadband, we have a required by date we select from BT, the earliest of which is 5 working days.
It's not uncommon for BT to complete orders early.  I've activated your account at this end so, it'll be nice to see if it works now Smiley
ee61re
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response.  I won't be home until around 7.30 this evening, so I will check the connection then.
It's not so much that BT have been quick - the line was activated a couple of years ago by the previous owners.
Thanks again.
Rob
ee61re
Grafter

I'm working fine, connected at around 6Mbps.
Many thanks for your assistance James.

Rob
James
Grafter

Nice one! Smiley