Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic drop of PPP session when Plusnet profile changes

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Automatic drop of PPP session when Plusnet profile changes

Is this working correctly
I just found that my Plusnet profile has increased from 3.2 to 3.4 after about 5 days so decided to run a speed test
Result from 3 different speed tests 3.06Mbps
Checking the router status I found that the PPP session hadn't dropped
Dropped it manually and the speed tests are now 3.26Mbps
So clearly it was the Plusnet profile restricting the speeds
I would have expected that a change from 3.2 to 3.4 was enough to trigger a PPP drop and if it isn't perhaps it should be
As a side issue - when is it going to start happening quicker
8 REPLIES 8
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Automatic drop of PPP session when Plusnet profile changes

So your profile updated itself in a timely manner which is good to see, I've noticed a couple of accounts that haven't dropped the PPP session, or at least within the 10-15 minutes we expect once the profile has updated.
I'm looking further into this one and I'm having a catch up with a couple of our developers later today regarding this and the latest changes we made to the profiles updating.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I don't consider 5 days as being timely
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I was looking at your most recent update;

I've see that change in profile that you had on the on the 28th, we didn't receive the line report through for this until the 30th by which time you were about to have another resync.
I'll check to see if I can see why the report took so long to come through.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I am a bit puzzled
My sync history
Wed 26th March 20.17 dropped from 3891kbps to 3495kbps (drop due to the widespread BT problem at that time)
Thurs 27th March 10.07 increased from 3495kbps to 3854kbps (manual resync to get the speeds back)
So has been at that speed now for over 6 days
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Mine went from 3.2 to 3.5 after about three days, and the PPP didn't automatically drop, so I don't know exactly when it happened (or didn't). Now syncing just over 4000kbps (on 56db+ line attenuation) since early on Sunday morning. Re-connected PPP session early this morning.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Oldjim
It seems the line reports coming through from BT have been a day or so behind on your line which has meant that your profile wasn't updated until this came through.
A reported generated for the 28th for your resync on the 27th, but wasn't actually sent to us until the 30th which has caused confusion and update delays.
@ejs
It looks like your line resynced on the 30th April, and we received the report through on the 01/04/2014 06:55:47. We automatically adjusted your profile at 2014-04-01 22:30:57 but as you mentioned the PPP drop didn't happen until this morning.
So we're  currently looking at the PPP drop and what's happening and if it's at all possible to avoid the need for a PPP drop for the different profile to take effect.
chuckster
Grafter

It's probably been asked before, but could 't the BT line sync info (date/time speed) be added to the Member Centre alongside the PlusNet profile speed?  Would be much easier then to notice when things aren't as they should be.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's not anything we'd be doing anytime soon but I know it has been mentioned.
The profiles are certainly updating quicker once we get the report though for a line, we need to look at the PPP drop also.