cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failure

rogerx1
Grafter

Authentication failure

Looking through the forums, this is a common problem with new customers that needs addressed (and I am the latest victim)
Both my phoneline and broadband have been transferred from SKY today in line with the email I received stating today would be the day.
My router/modem is now connecting to plusnet and DSL synching up fine - (it even appears to have downloaded my user id/password from plusnet) but I cannot use it because of an authentication failure.
Response from PlusNet is that my order is for tomorrow and will be complete by midnight tomorrow.
As the connection has clearly been changed is it that difficult to activate an account? And wouldn't these problems be solved by activating accounts a little time in advance of the expected connection?
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Authentication failure

Whilst we can activate accounts early, we don't do it by default as this also means starting to charge the account early. I'm going to activate your account now so you should be able to get online shortly assuming the order has completed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rogerx1
Grafter

Thanks for your help Chris - up and running immediately.
Just a pity this didn't happen automatically or get resolved through the traditional support channels.
zen135
Dabbler

I'm also facing the exact same issue. Can someone please activate my internet?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @zen135
Sure, your order broadband order has actually completed so I'veactivated the account for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zen135
Dabbler

Excellent. It's working now. Thanks!