Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Att Mods - usenet speed thread lost

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Att Mods - usenet speed thread lost

I started a thread on poor usenet speeds ( in this sub-forum) some time ago, it was up to 9 pages, I posted to it about an hour ago and now its dissapeared. Censored, moved or just lost? - or have I gone mad Embarrassed . All references to it in my profile have also dissapeared.
Paul
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Att Mods - usenet speed thread lost

I am investigating and will report back
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It looks as though it was removed in error and it may not be possible to get it back.
All I can do, at this stage, is apologise on behalf of the moderators.
Be3G
Grafter

...though I'll just add that we are still trying to figure out what actually happened exactly. Huh
paulgul
Rising Star

Oh well not to worry - mistakes happen, everyone cant be perfect like wot i b  ;D. 
I think PN had probably got my message about usenet speed after all this time.
tobykim
Grafter

I think I had a post in there which was possibly one of the last to which I didn't receive a response, my question if I transfer to Pro (still under the BBYW umbrella if poss as there is no way I want a 12 month contract with the way things are) will speeds on usenet improve or am I just as likely to suffer the way it is now
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Transferring to any product under the BBYW umbrella doesn't start a new 12 month contract.
However, a word of advice, don't do it using the ticket system but PM one of the Comms team members to do it. The reason for saying that is that the likelihood of you finishing up on the new Pro package via the ticket system with a 12 month contract is very high indeed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

jim:post Back on the original subject - the problem occurred because of accessing the forum via a mobile phone.
You know how with a mobile phone it can dial a number by accident even when it is in your pocket.
Well something similar happened  Embarrassed
I have fixed the underlying problem by removing the facility for removing topics by moderators.
We can still move topics out of public view, they can be recovered from there if needed, but they can't be permanently deleted. mod:end
tobykim
Grafter

Thanks for the response Jim what about the other bit though would the usenet speeds improve or would I still have to swap gateways, it's getting a bit of a nightmare trying to get usenet to work at the moment, I don't download a lot but tend to do so after midnight and having to swap multiple gateways at that time of night is getting a bit of a chore
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Regarding Usenet speeds - I don't use it (in fact I would even know how to access it, or even what use it is  Embarrassed ) so I can't help I am afraid
Santiago
Grafter

Now where did I put that thread, I had it a minute ago.....no not in my pocket, not on the fireplace. perhaps I left it at the post office earlier on. Oh dear where can it be?   Crazy
paulgul
Rising Star

I think your speeds ***should*** improve on a pro account. I remember someone saying that on pro all downloads are in the gold stream and given 1st Priority
tobykim
Grafter

thanks for that Paul I may give it a try then, I'll wait till next week to see if the extra bandwidth improves things or not, we have no LLU here so I'm stuck with ipstream, but if it stays the same I may have to move as it's really getting me down now
paulgul
Rising Star

Quote from: tobykim
as it's really getting me down now

I know the feeling  Sad