Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocious performance since Plusnet maintenance

Sauniere
Grafter

Atrocious performance since Plusnet maintenance

Hi,
I'm on ADSL 2+  Until about a week ago my connection speed was about 13500k.  I got home one night to find I had no internet connection or rather I was being directed to the BT Wholesale landing page.  I tried to connect several times over the evening and eventually found I was connected although browsing speed was very poor.  I checked the PN support pages and found that maintenance was being carried out.  I read the bit about turning my router off for a while and reconnecting etc etc which I did but no improvement
I waited a few days and things still hadn't improved.  I switched my router off for a couple of hours disconnected the phone line.  When I'd connected up again the problem was still evident.  I checked the support pages again and saw that there is no maintenance going on and everything should be normal.  Last night I tried to run a BT speed test and couldn't.  This morning I tried again and keep getting an error.  I tried a 3rd party speed test and found my download speed to be 186k !!!
Just browsing the internet is so low I want to throw my computer through the window.  It takes 30 seconds to load a page.  Some have timed out.  This is extremely frustrating.  Could someone take a look at my connection and see what has happened.  I must stress that everything was fine before the plusnet maintenance
thanks
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Atrocious performance since Plusnet maintenance

Hi Sauniere,
Looking at your connection logs there's a connection ongoing for more than 24 hours and your speed profile on BTs side is set to 9000 - would you be able to post the speed test result in here please? It sounds like you might need to raise us a fault at http://faults.plus.net so we can look into it for you, if you put the speed test results on there as well that'd speed along the investigation.
Sauniere
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Thanks for your reply, I can't run a BT speedtest because it keeps erroring.  I can certainly post the other one I used which was a namesco speedtest.  I'm at work at the moment so will run the speedtest when I get home and post it.
FYI before the PN maintenance my BT profile was 11000 so that's dropped since then as well.  The browsing speed is the major issue at the moment.  I can browse faster on my phone 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sauniere,
I've been doing some indepth testing for you and there seems to be an inconsistency between the BRAS and the MSAN. I'm looking into that further for you and will post back here as soon as I have more information.
Jojo Smiley
Sauniere
Grafter

Hi jojo,
Thanks for that. 
FYI I got in this evening and browsing seemed much quicker, I managed to do a BT speedtest.  IP profile was 10000k, download speed was 6950ish.  However, browsing became worse again later, I tried a BT speedtest again at 10.00pm and it failed again, I tried a 3rd party one and got a latency error.  Tried another BT test at 10.05 and another error 
Sauniere
Grafter

I raised a question in the fault section on friday at 1.30pm as suggested on here.  I'm still waiting for a response of any kind, I've tried to be patient  I posted this morning requesting somebody look at my fault and needless to say I'm still waiting.  Browsing on GPRS is faster than what I am experiencing, I can't do a btspeedtest without getting an error message.  I'd like to say that the support is a disgrace but for it to be disgraceful I'd actually have to experience some.....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Sauniere,
Sorry for the delay in response. I'll make sure someone picks this up today and updtaes you.
Jojo Smiley