cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight Gigabit Router Wireless - N900 setup

PJHO

Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight Gigabit Router Wireless - N900 setup

Hi,
I have recently had Plusnet Fibre Broadband installed and whilst far faster than my old broadband am having range issues at the outer edges of my house. I have therefore purchased the above router to swap for the Technicolor router to hopefully improve connectivity in the weak areas. However, having never done this sort of thing before I am struggling to connect to it. Pretty sure I have it all plugged in correctly as my devices can see it OK but I'm being asked for user names and passwords (??????@plusdsl.net and my 'normal account password') none of which it will accept. I have searched the internet and what I've found is gobbledygook! Can anyone provide me with easy to follow steps to help me set it up for Wi-fi connection?
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight Gigabit Router Wireless - N900 setup

Hi
First thoughts is  ....has the n66u got a adsl modem or is it a router only
Ian
thomasjc1
Grafter

If you are putting in the right username and password it should work. I have this router and it's a beast
PJHO

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your reply. It's a router only - I have a BT modem which was supplied at the time of the fibre install so the BB's coming through that.
John
PJHO

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked and double checked this and am pretty sure I've got the right info. I'll try a call to Plusnet today from work or tonight to triple check and maybe try a different PC.
John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have your router's WAN port (to the modem) configured as "PPPoE" ?  Huh
Quote from: PJHO
I'm being asked for user names and passwords (??@plusdsl.net and my 'normal account password') none of which it will accept.

It might be worth double checking the exact format of your PPPoE Username, by checking your "Login name" in the Connection Settings section in the Plusnet 'Member Centre',  as some customers usernames (including mine) ARE NOT in the format "account-name @plusdsl.net"