Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-N66U

SWebster
Grafter

Asus DSL-N66U

Hi All,
I have just invested in a new Asus DSL-N66U with a VDSL modem so that I can get rid of my modem and terrible Technicolor router supplied by PlusNet.
I have tried to set it up, but am not getting a connection for some reason.  I plugged it in and all the setting are blue and the del light is a steady blue.
Can anyone tell me the settings to enter or what else I might need to do?  I have it as PPPoE and have entered by PlusNet broadband username and password.  At the beginning when it asks you to select country, I select United Kingdom and then as the provider, I selected other rather than BT infinity.
Is there anything else that I need to do to get this working? 
Also, does the BT Home Hub 5 work with PlusNet or not?  I have heard some people say that it does, but an Openreach engineer came on Thursday and tried one and the connection kept dropping - he took the router back as even though I had the fibre installed, PlusNet had not sent me out the router, so had to waste 30 mins on the phone to them asking them why they had not sent out the router and to do so.  PlusNet did tell me that the BT Home Hub 5 would not work.  Anyway, of course the engineer went away again and for reason best known to himself, took the modem with him instead of leaving it and in the meantime, my router arrived from PlusNet, but I still could not get online because I had no modem, which is why I went out to buy the Asus.
Anyone give me some pointers as to how to get this working with my connection?
For info, I used the phone cable that came with it and plugged this into the ADSL/VDSL port on the router and then plugged this directly into the main socket at the top - the new front plates have one socket above for the fibre connection and then one below for the phone.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Asus DSL-N66U

Try looking / posting here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131806.0.html
@Mods - lock this thread in favour of the above?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.