cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-N66U question

Agkb57

Asus DSL-N66U question

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere . . .  I am considering purchasing one of these combined router / modems. I am on FTTC and wondering if this device is compatible with that service and whether it will allow me to scrap the BTOR modem. Or would I still need that? Also, are there any settings in the BTOR modem that I would need to rescue before swapping out?
Most of the topics seem to relate to the equivalent Asus  router-only models, hence my hesitation / questions.
Thanks for any assistance.
5 REPLIES 5
Tjo

Re: Asus DSL-N66U question

I too have been looking for details on this modem router. I'm pretty sure it will work with plusnet fttc (vdsl2?) And I've placed an order for one in anticipation of moving to a plusnet vdsl connection. I wish to replace the bt vdsl router and the plusnet supplied router with the Ausus and I'm happy that this is possible.
What I haven't yet found out is if the Asus will support vectoring, although I'm led to believe it will.
I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me what the basic wan connection settings should be. Help - please.
Tjo

According to a reply I've just had from Asus technical support the n66u does support g.vector so that should future proof it for agood few years.
darklight
Grafter

I've had a quick read of the reviews on That big rainforest web site you know where  Wink , think you need to read them, like losing settings after reboot.
Agkb57

Thanks for the reply. I have read the reviews that you suggest, and that caused the original consternation :-(. I guess I need to take the plunge and hope that we get the five star model rather than the one star version! Thanks again
mushy
Grafter

From this report it seems it drops the speed through the vdsl modem by around 25mbps, interesing to see if anyone else on here who has one od these routers seen this kind of drop ?
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/4289240-just-got-a-asus-dsl-n66u.html?fpart=all